Bose Sleepbuds 2 - Loses Power

Is anyone experiencing the new buds losing power when not in use?

For reference, I don't use my sleepbuds 2 often (only when it's loud outside my house) and the last time I tried putting them in, they were completely out of battery. I fully charged the buds and case and I've noticed after 2 days, the power bar decreases by 1 (charged to 5, now it is 4). After about another week or so, my buds are now at 3 bars. Is this normal behavior? I don't want to always have to leave the buds plugged in and charged considering I don't use them everyday.

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem but my sleepbuds ran out battery within five days while in the charging case.

Yes, I got on here to see if I was the only one.  I charged the case up and it is losing a dot per day almost.  I find that a bit weird.

Anyway we can get customer service to help diagnose the issue on this thread?

I’m having the same issue here. It’s really annoying when you want to use it and then find out that the battery has depleted.

Hi Guys,

Same Problem here.

I use my Sleepbuds (v2) only 90 Minutes to fall asleep.

After 2 nights there are 3 Bars left in the charing case. But if i don#t use the for 3 additional days the battery will be complete  empty.

Hopefully, this is just a charing managment Problem that can be fix with a firmware Update.

Did anyone contact customer Support and reference this thread?

regards

Stefan

Hi All,

Also posting to advise I'm getting the same issue. If I don't use the sleepbuds 2 for a couple of days the battery in the charging case depletes without being used. This never happened with the sleepbuds 1 so I would be very interested to find out why this is occuring? Is it a known issue?

Regards

Karl

Same problem here. I very recently got my first pair of sleepbuds and I so far only use them on the weekends. I was a little annoyed this Saturday when I wanted to use them and noticed that the battery was completely drained. I am testing it out now and the case is losing a dot per day when not in use.

Anyone a MOD can reply to this thread?

Hi everyone,

That’s a great question! Yes, what you are experiencing with your Sleepbuds II is normal and it is expected behavior. The Sleepbuds charging case was designed to ensure that your buds are ready for use whenever you need them, as soon as they are removed from the case. In order to achieve this, the case is essentially always active and ‘pings’ your buds regularly to keep them ready for use. This results in the case battery depleting regularly when it’s not plugged into power, even when the buds are not in use. For your convenience and so that you can enjoy your Sleepbuds at any time, we recommend that you keep the case connected to power when possible.

I would also like to confirm what the LED's on the case represent. The five LED dots on the front of the case reflect the battery status of the charging case, not the status of the buds. There are two longer bar-sharped LED's positioned under each bud. These represent the bud battery status; flashing means the buds are charging and solid means the buds fully charged.

I hope this helps, and do let me know if you have any other questions.