Bose Solo 5 and LG OLED55C14LB

I have recently purchased an LG OLED television. I've hooked up my Bose Solo 5 soundbar (optical connection) and selected external speaker from the televisions menu option (also tried external plus TV speakers), but not getting a peep out of the soundbar.

If anyone has experienced same, or has a suggestion for a fix please let me know. Many thanks.

Hey GordonM, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the audio and will be more than happy to assist you. 

Can you tell me if you are able to get audio if you connect via Bluetooth to the Solo 5? This will help us to determine if the issue is with your Solo 5 or with the setup of your system. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Hi Jessie_O

Thanks for replying.

I've had my Solo 5 soundbar for a number of years, I don't believe it has bluetooth? I've always connected via an optical connector.

Is there a way to check?

Thanks

G

Hey Gordon,

Firstly, to ensure the correct source is selected on your Solo 5, be sure to press the TV button on the remote, so the system is playing your TV audio. Regarding Bluetooth connectivity and audio, you can put the system into Bluetooth mode by pressing the Bluetooth button on your remote (in between TV and AUX). Then, on your device (mobile/tablet), go to the Bluetooth settings, select the Solo 5 as a device, and test playing music. Let us know what you find!

From the LG manual, I can see that optical audio should be available to use. Have you checked both ends of the cable are securely connected and not loose? This may cause an issue if not firmly connected.

Hi Sam

That fixed it - thanks for everyone's help.

G