Bose Solo 5 NO Power No lights

Please help...  I was using the Bose Solo 5 sound bar  as always and then turned it off and went to bed.  The next morning I went to turn it on and nothing, NO Lights of any kind. I unplugged the unit for 5 mins and plugged it back in and still nothing  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks   Goat  

Hi goat0722, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to see that you are having some power issues with your Solo 5 TV Sound System and would love to assist you with this. 

As you aren't seeing any LED's or signs of life from the system there isn't much use in us doing a reset on the system as this requires the system to be able to power on, due to this I would like for us to start with checking the wires and connections to the Soundbar to ensure that there is a secure connection between the power cable and the outlet. Testing a different power outlet would also be very useful to eliminate the outlet as the source of the issue.

Please can you also replace the batteries in the Solo 5's remote to ensure that this isn't the reason for not being able to power on the remote. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other users have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

I experienced a similar issue with my BOSE Solo Soundbar. It worked fine for over 6 months and then one day, I tried powering it on with the remote and no LED light came on and there was no indication that the soundbar was powered.

I replaced the battery in the remote and still nothing.  I unplugged the soundbar for over 5 minutes and then plugged it back in using the same outlet and still no power, no LED.  I unplugged the power adapter from the original outlet and tried plugging it in to another outlet in the house and still no power, no LED light. I took the soundbar to another house and tried plugging it in there and still no power, no LED. 

Is there any way to determine if:

1) the remote is not working

2) the power adapter is not working

3) the soundbar itself is not working

Hey Yorgi33,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am sorry to read that you are also having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Thanks for going into depth with all of the steps that you have attempted so far as well as the results. 

You can ensure that your remote is correctly working by using a smartphone camera and pointing the top of the remote at it, when pressing buttons you should see a LED appear through the camera lens. With the power adapter there aren't any indicators that show that the adapter is receiving power or working correctly. 

To see if the Solo 5 is working correctly you can power on the system and check the LED indicators that are located in the bottom left on the front of the system, if they are illuminated in any way the system is powered on. 

If you have verified the above and the system is still not powering on then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind regards, 

Hector B  

Dear Bose support team

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. When I came to turn my sound bar on, there is no power and no LED light. 

I’ve changed the batteries in the remote, tried a different mains plug, tried unplugging for 30 mins and then switching back on again, but it’s dead as a dodo.

Unfortunately I brought this 3 years ago so I’m out of warranty, but I would appreciate any advice on how it might be saved. 

Many thanks.

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for joining the discussion. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Solo. 

Have you checked to ensure the power cord and transformer are all secure? 

Further to this, have you tried using another power outlet in the home to see if the problem persists? When plugging back into power, you generally see the LED on the front of the speaker illuminate. If you see LEDs, then it could be that the batteries in the remote need replacing. If that fails to resolve the issue, then the remote may need replacing. 

If, however, there are no LEDs on the speaker, you may need to reach out to local support to discuss service here.

Thanks! 

I'm also experiencing the same problem with my solo 5 soundbar(only 4 months old) and have taken the necessary troubleshooting steps discussed in the forum.  My multimeter shows a good 116 vac from the first cord, but the AC adapter cord shows intermittent voltage at the end jumping from normal to no voltage erratically.  Pretty sure AC adapter is faulty and could you inform me on steps/link to proceed with replacement of this section of power cord, please. 

Thanks,

Chadbose

Hi Chad, 

Please use the link in my last post for details on seeking service. The team will also be able to advise on replacement parts.

Thanks.

Hi I have a Bose Solo 5 & not matter what we try the machine will not turn on, can I get a new mains cable? It's very frustrating as we cannot contact Bose directly, due to  Covid 19, every time we try to call them the phone call gets dropped. Any idea please.