Bose sound sport free lag between audio and video

I have a pair of the bose soundsport free wireless earbuds manufactured in August 2020. I have a serious issue with the product. There is a very very noticeable lag between the audio and the video when i connect them to my laptop. It is super annoying and renders them unusable for watching videos on the laptop. The product is updated to the latest 2.8.0 firmware update. Is there a solution for the same 

There is no fix for that. It’s a hardware issue. If you are still within your return window, I would recommend returning the SoundSport Free and buying the new Bose Sport Earbuds. They are the next generation of Bose’s true wireless earbuds and they do not have the same audio lag issue when watching video.

They just came out yesterday, so they are still a little scarce for probably the next week or so, but retailers like Best Buy are getting shipments in stock.

Hey everyone,

In the SoundSport Free headphones, the signal path runs from the source device to the right earbud which then sends it to the left earbud. TWS (True Wireless Stereo) is limited in it's ability to synchronize multi-channel audio across the various stages from the source to the earbuds. We also had reports of a few third-party applications that had excessive A/V lag. We were able to mitigate much of the lag with a firmware update. Due to the variety of compression methods available for video transmission and the integration of third-party products and services, there is no perfectly lag-free solution for every use although it is much improved over this time last year. We are constantly working to improve the capabilities of our products however the technology to solve the limitations of TWS is not currently available. When it is you can be sure that our engineers will be testing it for use in our products. Not all users experience a lag though, it can vary depending on the phone you have.

Some great steps that I would recommend to see if you can reduce the amount of latency would be:

1. Update the device that you are using software.

2. Update the firmware of your headphones at http://btu.bose.com.

3. Perform a product reset on the headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again.

I hope that helps, please do let me know if you have any questions.

Yeah figured there is no solution to this. The sport bud would have been ideal but they are yet to launch in India. Is the issue also present in the Soundsport Wireless earbuds ? 

This should not happen with the Soundsport Wireless earbuds as they do not feature TWS, so there should be no delay. But this again will depend on the processing speed of your phone or audio device. 

Audio/video sync is not a problem with the SoundSport Wireless. I’ve been using those for about 4 years now up until the new buds were released this week.

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

soundsport free in ear headphones

Ireland

Firmware Version

App Version

Using an iPhone 7 software version 14.2

Detailed description of the issue Video synchronisation is appalling. Very hard to watch and I use video a lot. It has been like this since I bought them. 

There was meant to be new software but I find that the latest software id 2019!