Bose soundbar 700 airplay and homekit

Hello, 

I have a bose soundbar 700 and bose home speaker 500. I was able to connect my bose 500 to my homekit by searching "add accessories" and use airplay2 but I cant with my bose 700. Tried trouble shooting by reseting the router and the soundbar to no avail. 

I have read most of the post relating to this but I cant seem to figure it out.

In addition my bose 700 is connected to my apple tv. I know that you can airplay to the apply tv with the bose 700 playing as its speaker. What I am trying to do is use my bose 700 independently without going through my apple tv. 

Thank you for the insights in advance!

Hi,

I had this issue before, and I think the fix for my case was the iOS version.

Back then I think I tried to use the new iOS 13.0 or 14.0 so it might be not stable yet, so my soundbar 700 is not detected.

But when I used my old device with iOS 12.x it consistently detected by the Home app.

So just in case if you’re not using the latest version of OS you can update it and try again.

my goodness..how many times did you say HIGHLY ANTICIPATED😂.

Hi  , I'm not sure if you have solved this issue yet or not but I just found a way to make it work if the soundbar 700 is not showing when "Add accessory" from the Home app.

Here's what I did when it doesn't show up:

• Connect the soundbar via AirPlay.
    For me, I connect it to my phone using Spotify or apple music via AirPlay.
  • While it is connected via AirPlay, open the Home app and "Add accessory", then choose "I Don't Have a Code or Cannot Scan".

The soundbar will be detected and you can add it.

This works for me, and I hope it works for you too.

Good luck!