Bose soundbar700 not connecting to app and remote

Hello Bose team,

My Bose soundbar700 stopped working on changing the wifi network provider.

I tried resetting to factory settings through remote, by pressing the power button and skip forward button - Didnt work. 

The phone detect the soundbar on opening the bose app, but it doesn‘t connect and cant use the application. And when i click ‚try again‘ then the soundbar is not discoverable at all in the bose app. 

I tried disconnecting power cord and plugging it again - not connecting. I tried connecting the lan cable directly to the soundbar and tried connecting the it through the bose app, again its detecting but not connecting and doesnt work.

I unpaired the remote and then tried to pair to the soundbar. Unpair was successful but the soundbar now is not paring to remote.

Currently the situation is the soundbar is not paired to the remote and is not connecting through the bose app. 

I read some common troubleshooting and tried various methods mentioned above -still no success.

Can you suggest  me a method?

Thanks in advance,

Hello Thyagu31, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! We appreciate the troubleshooting that you have performed so far and would love to assist with this. 

To start with can you please let me know if you see any LED's on the Soundbar at all when attempting to set the system up? I'd also like to know if you have attempted to connect to the Soundbar via another device at all? 

We have some great troubleshooting steps here that will assist with getting the Soundbar reconnected to the Bose Music app. 

Please do reach back out to us with the result of these steps. 

Hello Hector,

Thanks for taking time to reply. When the soundbar is turned on the LED light blinks(white colour) with a pause for 15-20 times and then the LED completely turns off and doesn't blink again. 

When I open the app, I still see the Soundbar with name configured previously. Then when I click add button, it takes around 30-40seconds with message "connecting" and then get an error message. And then there is an option to connect to soundbar from a list of Bose products, however here the method is through remote and currently the situation with remote is also like dead (I cleared the remote pairing with soundbar) when attempted to reset to factory settings.

So the app is able to detect the Soundbar, but fails every time to connect. 

So basically, the remote is like dead and the app doesn't connect to soundbar.

Thanks and Regards,

Thyagu

Thank you for updating me on this Thyagu, 

I appreciate you updating us on this. It's strange to hear that the Soundbar is still remembered in the application after performing a factory reset. 

Have you been able to test the product with another mobile device/ different Bose Music account at all? It would be interesting to see if either is able to identify the speaker. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with this next piece of information. 

Hello Hector,

With using ethernet cable I am able to use the bose app. But once i disconnect the ethernet cable then its same issue app not able to connect.

Is there any possible way to reset the soundbar to factory settings using the bose app? The remote is still unpaired for now. And I cannot pair remote with the soundbar.

Thanks and Regards,

Thyagu