Bose SoundLink Mini took a dunk

My Bose SoundLink Mini (probably the first version) fell into a fountain several months ago. I put it in rice afterwards. It lights up in the docking station. Doesn't seem to hold a charge or connect with Bluetooth. I hate to throw it away and the little thing wants to live. 

Is there anything else I can do? 

Bose product name

SoundLink Mini

Country

US

Hey Kalola,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your SoundLink Mini.

Given what you've tried and the time you've left it to start working again, I would assume there may likely be internal damage, which I can imagine is frustrating. This speaker doesn't have the waterproof rating to survive submersion in water for a long period of time.

However, if you reach out to your local support team, they'll be more than happy to advise you on the available service options to get your issue resolved.

Your speaker very well may have internal damage, yet there might be something more simple going on. 

it could be that the battery has simply gone into a type of self protect mode and will not take a charge nor power on until you kind of wake it up.  I have revived many Bose SoundLink Minis through the years. Below is a link to some suggestions. Try each step one at a time. No need to try the next step unless the previous one works. 

Hope this helps!

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/bose-micro-soundlink-only-blinks-one-white-light-will-not-charge/m-p/552104/highlight/true#M18376