Bose Soundlink Revolve II Whatsapp Video Call

I purchased Bose Soundlink Revolve II couple of weeks ago. It however does not work for Whatapp or Facetime video calls with iphone, i.e. it works for voice call although very low sound compared to normal music playback, but for video call it simply cuts off and the opposite party ends up hearing their own voice back. I understand that Whatsapp uses HSP profile rather than HFP profile, but is there a way that this can be fixed. I have a Jabra headset, Apple Airpods and other bluetooth speakers and they all work find but Bose speakers do not. Is it something wrong with Whatsapp/Facetime or something wrong with Bluetooth?

Hey nnchoshi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding your query, the SoundLink Revolve II Does support HFP Bluetooth profile. Therefore, I do not feel as though this is what is causing this. I have tested this with my own product and have the same thing. 

I believe this is expected behavior for the SoundLink Revolve II and video calls. I do not believe that you are doing anything wrong. 

If anyone in the Community has been able to get this working, please chime in below! 

1. Facetime does not provide a button to switch to an external audio device.

2. Whatapp does  provide a switching mechanism but suffers from the 'bug' which I have been reporting for 2 years that all Bose speakers will switch back to the internal iphone speakers regardless.  I can't tell you whether all the permutations worked but I made an audio only whatsapp call, switched the audio to the revolve, and then added video to the call and that worked.  Revolve continue to play the audio.