Bose Soundsport Rubber Casing Falling off

I purchased a Bose Soundsport in June, 2017.

Reference: https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Bose-soundsport-wireless-earphone-rubber-casing-falling-apart/m-p/159511#M5633 and,

https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Bose-soundsport-wireless-earphone-rubber-casing-falling-apart/m-p/186898#M8561

This seems to be problem with the rubber casing. Mine has fallen off, exposing the flimsy power button. I know this might be out of warranty -- I am not sure of the warranty period, never bothered with Bose -- but I am putting on hold my plan of buying a Soundsport Free.  This is clearly a manufacturing defect. Can Bose do anything? If I contact my local support, will they redress this greviance or simply say, "The product is not in warranty" ?

I read your other post too. Give them a call and find out.

I have. They asked me to bring the earphone to their service center. Will have to see how that goes.

Nevertheless, I want to understand if Bose will take responsibility for their design flaw. Cheers!

Design flaw or not apparently they want to examine it first and go from there. 

There's no question of 'or not', dear friend. 

And my pursuing the service aspect has nothing to do with how the company can respond, if they do.

I worked in retail electronics long enough to know that you have to examine each issue on a case by case basis and not just take the customers word for it because my friend not everyone is as honest of you. 

Hello Paddy Fields,

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with your Soundsport Headphones and thank you for contacting our customer support. 

Did they process an exchange for you? As you have stated "They asked me to bring the earphone to their service centre" we will not repair your headphones as this is against our health and safety regulations, therefore with headphones we provide an exchange for a brand new set. 

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support