Bose Soundsport stuck on mono sound on Mac

Need some help figuring out why the sound output on my Bose Soundsports are stuck in Mono while connected to my Macbook Pro. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi Xtopherc,

Welcome to the Bose Community forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your SoundSport headphones when connected to an Apple Macbook Pro. 

Do you have the SoundSport Free Wireless headphones? If so, a similar thread HERE may have the solution by changing the audio input within your computer's system preferences, under "Sound" to "Internal Microphone", whilst leaving the output as the SoundSport Free Wireless headphones.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Hi, you could also try going to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Accessibility > Audio and see if - Play Stereo audio as mono - is checked. Uncheck the box if it is then test your SoundSports.

Same issue here.

"Play Stereo audio as mono" is not checked.

Bose connects in SCO mode. 

If you disable the microfone and would be able to connect the headset as a pure headphone without being a headset (incl. mic) it would work. Some times it works when you swith the input audio to internal microfone instead to Bose.

But overall this is just a poor product combination. It simply doesnt do its job. I am looking if Sony is able to be used as stereo headphones on my Mac. Unbelievable that such an issue exists in 2019.

wrote:

Same issue here.

"Play Stereo audio as mono" is not checked.

Bose connects in SCO mode. 

If you disable the microfone and would be able to connect the headset as a pure headphone without being a headset (incl. mic) it would work. Some times it works when you swith the input audio to internal microfone instead to Bose.

But overall this is just a poor product combination. It simply doesnt do its job. I am looking if Sony is able to be used as stereo headphones on my Mac. Unbelievable that such an issue exists in 2019.

The soundsports come in different models. I'm using both wired and wireless SoundSports with my macbook pro and they both work just fine. How about some details? Which headphones do you have and what mac do you have?