Bose Soundsports Free - Button Repair

Repair for damaged rubber button

Hi, I have a pair of bose soundsports free and I want to get the rubber around it repaired including the button. Does bose offer repairs on thia type of item?

Hi, Bose doesn't repair headphones, only exchanges. See this post.

Hey Subhransu Samal,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry that your button and charging port has broken. As this is a physical issue, you will need to give us a call to book in an exchange. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.

Hey did you have any resolution / way to fix this?

My soundsport have the same defect -  the buttons have just fallen off - outside of warranty but under 2 years.

I have contacted bose services support, they are unable to repair / replace the button.

As a resolution the service centre has offered me is: I may purchase a brand new pair at a 3% discount to the current retail price.

Disappointing.

This appears to be a manufacturer defect.  I too was offered the replacement cost of $129.99 by sending mine in.  The buds work fine, and can be controlled via my phone, so I gave them to my fiance' and bought a new pair for $149.99 from Best Buy.  So 1) I spent an extra $20 to essentially keep my old 199.99 set, and 2) I unfortunately didn't research enough before I bought a second pair.  I would have thought a name like Bose would have backed their products.  I hear Beats are a quality alternative.

(Edited by moderator) 

This is definitely a manufacturing issue as I see lots of posts with the exact same issue. Someone needs to sue these guys for misleading customers. Replacing a product due to a broken button by paying 70% of the original product price is just plain fraud!!

I agree Imroy.  You would think if this is a known, (and considering how much this post is starting to expand, there's no way they couldn't) they would at least admit that it is and provide a recall, not just a discount to a replacement that will go bad in under 2 more years.

What was the final solution to this issue?

I have exactly the same problem after 1 year 3 months of use. In Japan Bose is charging me about 150usd for the exchange. Quite disappointing.

IMG-20201005-WA0003.jpeg