Bose soundtouch 520 keeps jumping from lpcm to dolby digital 5.1

Bose product name: soundtouch home cinnema 520 system 

TV: samsung ultraHD (smart tv)

Firmware Version: latest update

Problem:

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my bose system. In the past I was always abel to use my bose system  with my tv with the following set up --> DTS 5.1 

4 days ago I got a new digibox (it a kind of service like what they have in the uk... for example "sky tv"

So I install the digibox and it goes trough hdmi cable to the tv. 

the bose also goes via hdmi (I selected the tv hdmi  socket on the back of the bose system) to the tv as well. 

The tv settings for the samsung are "bitstream" and I have dolby digital 5.1 selected.

the problem is, every time I turn on my tv and turn on the digibox and the bose system the sound on the bose system jumps on for maybe 5 seconds and all of a sudden it cuts away and jumps to LPCM??? The sound then only coms from the tv speakers itself witch is kind of **bleep**...  Nothing els coms out the bose system...

I have tried a kind of quick fix where I toggle on sound-touch and then switch back to tv on the bose remote-control... but the same thing happens (5second sound and then jumps back to LPCM)

on the other hand the digibox also has the settings selection that it recognises dolby sound (I toggled this on).

I was wondering if anyone can help me?  it's really frustrating.

Cheers,  Connor

wrote:

Bose product name: soundtouch home cinnema 520 system 

TV: samsung ultraHD (smart tv)

Firmware Version: latest update

Problem:

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to figure out what is going on with my bose system. In the past I was always abel to use my bose system  with my tv with the following set up --> DTS 5.1 

4 days ago I got a new digibox (it a kind of service like what they have in the uk... for example "sky tv"

So I install the digibox and it goes trough hdmi cable to the tv. 

the bose also goes via hdmi (I selected the tv hdmi  socket on the back of the bose system) to the tv as well. 

The tv settings for the samsung are "bitstream" and I have dolby digital 5.1 selected.

the problem is, every time I turn on my tv and turn on the digibox and the bose system the sound on the bose system jumps on for maybe 5 seconds and all of a sudden it cuts away and jumps to LPCM??? The sound then only coms from the tv speakers itself witch is kind of **bleep**...  Nothing els coms out the bose system...

I have tried a kind of quick fix where I toggle on sound-touch and then switch back to tv on the bose remote-control... but the same thing happens (5second sound and then jumps back to LPCM)

on the other hand the digibox also has the settings selection that it recognises dolby sound (I toggled this on).

I was wondering if anyone can help me?  it's really frustrating.

Cheers,  Connor

I made a guide to help people get the best out of their SoundTouch 520.

I hope that this might be able to help solve your question 🙂