Bose wave iv no audio

My problem is that no audio comes out of my Bose Wave IV system when I am using the Soundtouch app.  Everything seems to be working and I tried just about everything the Bose support suggested. Reset and removing and re uploading the app.  On a lucky day after turning it on for an hour or two it will begin to function but when I turn it off I will not be able to get no audio again.  I am using Pandora to stream music.  Can somebody help me please.

Hello Noliboy, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with audio not coming from the Wave IV system when using SoundTouch. 

Does every other source appear to work fine? CD, Radio, AUX, even Bluetooth? 

I'll look forward to your reply.

yes, everything seems to work fine.

, thanks for confirming this for us. I would love to gain some more information so that we can get this fixed. Just to confirm, is it all sources in the SoundTouch app or just Pandora? Also, what happens when you try and play Pandora or any other effected sources? What happens in the the app and on the speaker itself? Do you have any screenshots at all?

I look forward to your reply. 

I only have Pandora on my app.  When I play it in my Bose wave it looks fine, I see the title of the song 

being played on the face of the wave.  I will try switching from Pandora to my preset station and the preset station will play and will have audio but switching back to Pandora it will lose the audio again.

, thank you for the clarification. So to confirm, when selecting Pandora in the app, it does everything it would normally do, there is just no audio? Let's try removing Pandora and then re-adding it. The steps to do this can be found here

Let me know how you get o!

I remove and added it back and still didn't work.

, I am sorry to hear that. Next we will want to look into the router. In the router settings menu, look for and adjust the following settings as follows. However, I would recommend, before making any changes to the configuration of your router, note the current settings in case you need to revert changes that are unsuccessful. 

Recommended router settings for Bose product compatibility

1. UPnP: Enable
  2. Multicast: Enable
  3. IGMP: Enable
  4. Wireless Isolation: Disable
  5. IGMP Proxy: Disable
  6. IGMP Snooping: Disable
  7. Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  8. Stealth mode: Disable
  9. MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to allowed devices list
  10. WPS: Disable
  11. WAN IP Blocking: Disable

Recommended router settings for Bose product performance

1. Wireless channel: Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended

Standard Wi-Fi uses 11 channels. Selecting the best channel might require trial and error. Choose channel 1 or 11 and observe the system to see if performance improves. If it does not, try the other channels until performance does improve

2. Security type: WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption

Some routers offer a mixed security mode of WPA (TKIP)/WPA-2 (AES) for compatibility with older products. Choose WPA-2 only if no networked devices depend on WPA or mixed mode. If unsure whether or not other networked devices will be affected, note the current security setting, switch to WPA-2 and try all other networked devices. If necessary, return to the previous security setting

3. WMM: Disable

This setting is intended to optimize streaming services but typically gives priority to voice or video streaming, which can negatively impact audio streaming or reserve bandwidth for voice or video devices even if they are off. Although disabling WMM is recommended, on some routers, enabling WMM improves performance. If WMM is disabled on the router and issues are experienced with your Bose product, enable WMM and check for improvement

4. Dual-Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) SSID: Name both differently.

With routers that broadcast more than one network, give the networks distinct names. If your networks have the same name, products on the networks might not know the difference with the identical names. This can cause them to intermittently disconnect and reconnect while trying to switch between networks. To prevent this, for example, if the router offers a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network, name one "MyNetwork2.4" and name the other "MyNetwork5.0."

This is way too technical for me.  Is there any other easier fix?

No worries Noliboy, 

We would be more than happy to walk you through this. This is something that we can do step by step via the Community or we can look into this over the phone with you. 

If you wish to call us to proceed with this our team can be reached via the Contact Us page here