Bose wave music system cuts in and out Intermittently

I have a Bose sound wave 2 and regardless of what source I use the system cuts in and out with a consistent tempo which gives me the idea that it is most likely the cause of a faulty circuit component. I’m curious to what circuit component could be causing this? 

Hello Lynam17, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Wave Music System. Could you please confirm which variation of the Wave family you have? E.g. Wave SoundTouch Music System (with a pedestal for Wi-Fi connection), Wave Radio (Just radio and AUX), Wave Music System (With CDs, Radio and AUX)...

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

I have Wave music system I suppose it's version I am facing similar problems with all inputs. sound just stops or sometimes it just doesn't start. I have checked all connections and also did reset. No result and the uselessness is annoying. 

Hi rjanlakule,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you have been doing some great troubleshooting already with this. Checking all the audio sources and connections, and resetting the speaker are all helpful steps to take.

So I can provide you with the most accurate troubleshooting on this, could you please let me know which model of Wave you have? You can double-check this using our Product Identifier if you are unsure.

Also, when you notice the sound stopping on your speaker, does it seem like the speaker is turning off completely? Or does it stay on, but the sound just stops coming out? 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

I have a Bose Wave Music System that I purchased in 2005.  In the last few days the sound cuts out intermittently.  When this happens, I notice that LED panel displays the "Mute" lights and then the regular lights as the sound cuts in and out.  I press the mute button on the remote but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.  I am pretty sure something is causing the radio to mute itself intermittently. Any fixes for this?

I’m having the same issue! When my sound cuts out, lights are still on system. Has there been any resolution?

Hello and , Thanks for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear that you both are having issues with your Wave music systems I'll be happy to assist you. 

The intermittent audio, is it being affected by a certain source? (e.g CD or Radio) Have you tried other sources to see if you can replicate it? 

I would also recommend that you try to reset the Wave as well. You can do this from our support website here.
If the reset doesn't fix the issue, I would also recommend that you try the "factory reset" which is also found on the same page. 

Let me know how you get on! 

You often use your Bose Sound Link speaker, and you are happy with the audio quality. Over the years, Bose has managed to maintain very good speaker quality. We thus enjoy quality sound, while having portable speakers. So you can take your favourite music. surveyzop