Can F1 812 deliver a consistent SPL of Vertical Coverage for Speech Application

The dimension of my venue (L x W x H) is 50 x 20 x 10 feet, and that of the stage (L x W) is 10 x 20 feet for Live Band House of Worship (acoustic guitar, electric bass, acoustic drums, keyboard, 4 vocals) and Speech. Regarding the vertical converge of TWO F1 812 without Sub, I am not worried about the performance in live band scenario, but I am still worried about that in Speech scenario.
Therefore, I worked out a section diagram of the case for your reference. If I want these F1 812 delivers a consistent sound level (say 80dB) to 1st row until the last row, is it feasible? In this case, do you think how much dB values of X, Y, Z can be delivered from F1 812 normally if the spl for the first front row is controlled at 80dB? How to improve it?

Thanks

Ken

Anyone knows these figures? Thanks!

Hi Ken, 

I'm sorry, we don't have this kind of information for permanent installations of our portable product line. 

For detailed information for installed application like yours please contact your local Bose Sales Office.

Hong Kong

Suites 2101-2105, Tower One, Times Square
1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Bose Limited
Tel: 852 2123 9000
Fax: 852 2110 0700
Support_HK@bose.com 

Thank you.

ST

Could you please test and collect these figures? If you are willing to do it, it shouldn't be difficult, right? Thanks!

Hi KT.  What you are asking is the job of system designers usually.  ST is correct, we typically point end users to Bose authorized partners.

However, in this case you describe a rather small room, one that will benefit from wall reflections.  You will not have any problem filling the room with sound in a speech scenario.  In a quick model (using our Modeler program), with the loudspeakers hanging 8' from the floor and 8 feet from the stage wall, angled down at -5 degrees, and with a seated audience, a listener at the back of the room would be only -6db compared to someone sitting 14 feet in front of the speakers.  Lots of things to consider here so it's just a rough approximation.  For more information and support, please connect with our HK office.

KT posted:

Could you please test and collect these figures? If you are willing to do it, it shouldn't be difficult, right? Thanks!

KT I did not check my SPL meter when doing this gig. However here is a sample of how the Bose F1 812 handled speaking in a 9k sq ft space. Hopefully this will give you an idea.

https://youtu.be/NnHs_osnQ8I