Can my Bose Acoustic Wave Music System II be replaced with S1 Pro Speaker for playback studies?

So I used the Bose Acoustic Wave Music System II for a playback study that I did with monkeys in Colombia to determine how many animals were left in the wild.  Click this link to learn more  copy of the published article The systems are no longer working, so I'm trying to find a replacement so that we can begin our next census of monkeys.  A salesperson at BOSE suggested that S1 Pro should be compatible (we need a portable device) because we are walking through the forests.   However, I can't figure out how to make sure that we are playing the vocalizations back at 80dB on the S1 Pro.  What settings or device do we need to make sure that we are always playing the vocalizations at 80dB?

Hi Anne,

Seems like an interesting study, I'll read your article later.

The S1 is an excellent choice for portability and accurate reproduction of sound. To monitor the level, you will need a hand held meter. See the link below to get you started.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dB meter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

O..

Hi Anne,

Welcome to the forum!

To add to Oldghm's comment above, there are decibel meter applications available for mobile devices for a free/less expensive setup. A handheld meter is perhaps likely to be more accurate, though.

Hope this helps!