Comcast Xfiniity DVR/Cable Box

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

V35 Whole House System

US

V35 Console.  It is at Bose being repaired.

I have to get a new Comcast DVR/Cable box.  The one I have now cannot be controlled with the Bose Remote.  Before I go to the Comcast store, can anyone tell me what Comcast DVR/Cable box will operate with the Bose Remote.

wrote:

V35 Whole House System

US

V35 Console.  It is at Bose being repaired.

I have to get a new Comcast DVR/Cable box.  The one I have now cannot be controlled with the Bose Remote.  Before I go to the Comcast store, can anyone tell me what Comcast DVR/Cable box will operate with the Bose Remote. 

I don't believe anyone here will know as there will be many different models of those Comcast cable boxes and there is no guarantee that today's Comcast models will use the same IR codes as those in the past. You should update the AV35 receiver and see if that helps. If it did not add any new codes, call up Bose and see if they can give you an alternative remote control code to use. 

It might be best to get a universal remote to control this and other a/v tech you purchase in the future. What's nice is while your AV35 receiver only goes up to 1080p you can still use 4K devices with it and still get full lossless sound with it. I made a guide to help show you how to do that and I even mention a universal remote there that will work with it.

I hope that this helps solve your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

Personally, I would not get a cable box based on it working with your Bose remote.  I would get the newest and best cable box for your TV and cable provider.  If it works with your Bose remote, that's good.  Otherwise, use two remotes.

I believe the problem with the current Comcast Cable box is that is is also RF, not IR.  There is no way the Bose remote will work with another RF box unless RF is same frequency.

In addition to  @comments I have the latest Comcast XB7 setup with wireless boxes and cloud pvr. No head unit. Everything is connected to my TV then one ARC cable to the speaker. With CEC turned on my Bose Sound Touch sound bar works just fine. Fact is I don’t use the Bose remote. CEC allows the TV remote to work the Bose speaker and everything else.

I almost never use the Bose remote also.