Compact with S1?

Hello! I’ve been a lurker for awhile and figured now is as good a time as any to ask a few questions. 

I am a solo acoustic guitar/singer. I ❤️ my Bose Compact. I use my TC Helicon Play Acoustic for every gig to get my sound the way I want it. Usually this works great as my venues are usually small and I play for no more than 50 people. 

My my issue comes when the weather breaks and suddenly I have to deal with outside gigs or the “garage doors” start to open. I find I don’t get enough coverage at this point with my Compact. 

Would adding an S1 solve any of these issues? Or should I consider a different system all together. It took me a LONG time to save for the Bose so I want to be frugal with my cash but I don’t want to sacrifice the great quality I can get out of my Bose.

Thoughts!? 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Chaskett,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

Thanks too, for the interesting question.

Chaskett posted:

Hello! I’ve been a lurker for awhile and figured now is as good a time as any to ask a few questions. 

I am a solo acoustic guitar/singer. I ❤️ my Bose Compact. I use my TC Helicon Play Acoustic for every gig to get my sound the way I want it. Usually this works great as my venues are usually small and I play for no more than 50 people

You can use the S1 Pro in these settings too, although the L1 Compact has wider horizontal dispersion. 

My my issue comes when the weather breaks and suddenly I have to deal with outside gigs or the “garage doors” start to open. I find I don’t get enough coverage at this point with my Compact. 

I frequently play in places with garage doors out to the beach beyond.  You can use the S1 Pro inside and put the L1 Compact outside -= OR =- do it the other way around. It just depends on where you need the wider horizontal coverage.

Would adding an S1 solve any of these issues?

If you add the S1 Pro to the same area where you are using the L1 Compact, you won't get more volume. But if you use the S1 Pro and L1 Compact to cover separate areas (inside, outside, two rooms, etc.), you can serve a lot more people.

Both the L1 Compact and the S1 Pro have LINE OUT connections. It's easy to connect one to the other.

Or should I consider a different system all together.

If you are playing to and need to be heard in two areas then picking an S1 Pro would work very well.

If you're playing to one large area, you can use an S1 Pro as a monitor and use your L1 Compact as the main PA. Put the L1 Compact between you and the audience and crank it up. Use the S1 Pro so you can hear yourself at a moderate level.

If you are playing to one large area (over 100 people), you might be better with an L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II.

It took me a LONG time to save for the Bose so I want to be frugal with my cash but I don’t want to sacrifice the great quality I can get out of my Bose.

I understand. There are lots of people here who have both the S1 Pro and the L1 Compact. Like those people, you'll probably be very happy with the sound quality of the S1 Pro.

Thoughts!? 

Thanks in advance!

The S1 Compact has a built-in rechargeable battery.  Maybe you can pick up some more gigs running unplugged.

Here's some more information: S1 Pro Compared to L1 Compact

Does that help?
ST 

Hi I use an L1 Compact and the S1 Pro with the Bose T4S Mixer for stereo, the great thing about combining the S1 with the L1 is their versatility to mix both or use S1 as monitor etc, plus if you have smaller gigs the S1 is superb for this. I’ve had this set up around two months managing to store scenes in the T4S for recall at recurring gigs.  I’m still getting used to the equipments but so far it’s awesome, compliments on quality sound by audience and was even told my Classical Guitar was too loud, it was mic’d up first time anyone with a Classical has be asked to turn down lol.

Enjoy!!

regards

john