Conecting a Lifestyle subwoofer ps48 to a pioneer receiver

How can i connect a Lifestyle subwoofer ps48 to an pioneer receiver?

Hello DavidDamy, 

Thank you for messaging the community, I would love to do what I can to assist you with this matter. 

May I ask what model Pioneer receiver you are connecting to?

Is it just the sub woofer of the Lifestyle 48 system you are connecting to the receiver?

What are you hoping to achieve with this set up?

Please let us know. We would love to do what we can to assist with this matter. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

The Receiver is Pioneer Elite sc 65 .

I want to connect the speakers and the subwoofer

Hi DavidDamy, 

Thank you very much for confirming this information. 

We are unable to advise a set up for you in this instance as we do not advise connecting third party receivers to the bass module and surround speakers of the Lifestyle 48 system. We state this because the bass module uses post processing effects which work directly with the control console provided in the Lifestyle 48 system. 

By connecting the bass module and surround speakers to a third party receiver may not only prove not to work, but this could potentially cause damage overall to your products therefore we are unable to assist with this matter further. 

I do apologise for any disappointment this causes. 

Tegan M 

I had a LS 48.  NO you cant hook up the subwoofer as the wire to the sub is a proprietary Bose cable the connects directly to the LS 48 console.  You could potentially use the five cube speakers with out the subwoofer, buy a 2nd set up LS 48 speaker wires from Bose, cut off the RCA and spice the wire to connect to the receiver.  However, this probably wouldn't sound great as the post processing is not applied to help the system sound good.  You would also not be able to use the BOSE subwoofer and have to buy a new one.  Hope that helps, Iv thought about this same thing a few times.

You could consider purchasing a Bose Acoustimass 10 speaker system.