Connecting soundbar 700 to soundtouch 10 speakers

how do I connect soundbar 700 to soundtouch 10 speakers. They both appear in different apps so dont know how to group them.

Hi sarthaksh,

Thanks for the great question. You cannot pair the SoundBar 700 to any Soundtouch products. They are two different platforms and won't integrate. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

If I want to extend same music from soundbar 700 to other rooms, is there any solution.

Hi sarthaksh,

Thanks for the question.

You would want to get a Home Speaker 500, Soundbar 500, or another Soundbar 700.  To learn more about grouping, check out THIS article on our support site.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

if i buy a bose wireless adapter... it's possible play the same music at the soundtouch 10 and the soundbar 700 at the same time?

Hi casamassa,

Thank you for posting!

This would work if you were to use the Soundbar 700 as a dedicated music system.  At this point, the SoundTouch  10 would be the master speaker and will broadcast to the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter.  If the optical and ARC connections are connected simultaneously, the ARC connection will be prioritized over the optical.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

I am having the same issue. I bought the soundbar 700 to connect to the tv with the HDMI arc. I also got the soundtouch wireless adapter to connect to the soundbar with optical cable to integrate with my 4 other soundtouch speakers but i do not manage to get it operational. It is one or the other. It there a way to chose the input?

Hi Jotie, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

As mentioned by Tony, if you connect a HDMI cable to the Sound Bar 700 whilst it has an optical connection, the HDMI will override this. The Soundbar 700 was not designed to be connected to Soundtouch speakers i'm afraid as it has it's own Wi-FI grouping process with the Soundbar 500 and Home Speaker 500 systems.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

I went to a store and specificly asked about expanding my soundbar 700 to other rooms and was sold soundtouch products only to find out when setting up they don’t talk to one anouther… is this some sort of joke? How do you make smart products that can’t talk to one another??? And how are you sale people so poorly informed about this??

Hi Justinland, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience however I would love to help. 

The reason that the SoundTouch products don't connect to the Soundbar as they are both running on very different hardware and therefore aren't compatible due to being from different product ranges.

As always, if there is anything else that we can assist with please reach out again and we'd love to help. We hope you have a great day!

Kind Regards, 

Hector B