Connecting to ps5 issue

After altering the settings on the ps5 and Bose to HDMI the blu ray disc reverts back to pcm when put into play but when the ps5 is just switched on it displays 5.1

Don’t know why 

Bose product name V30 lifestyle 

Country UK

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

wrote:

After altering the settings on the ps5 and Bose to HDMI the blu ray disc reverts back to pcm when put into play but when the ps5 is just switched on it displays 5.1

Don’t know why 

Bose product name V30 lifestyle 

Country UK

That is an expected result as the PS5 is either sending the system stereo sound (aka PCM 2.0) or it is sending your system uncompressed audio (aka LPCM 5.1) that the V30 does not recognise. When your system is sent LPCM 5.1 it can only decode the stereo left and right sound from that format.

You should make sure that the PS5 only ever outputs surround sound formats the V30 can recognise: DTS 5.1 & Dolby Digital 5.1. 

If you are also using a 4K TV and you would like the PS5 in 4K I go over setup options for you in this post. I would also like to point out that you have the option to upgrade your receiver to one that can recognise and play uncompressed audio (though it does not support 4K). So I would check out option 4 in that list as well.

I hope that this answer helps solve your question 🙂

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.                    
I have set the ps5 to Dolby digital, so basically the v30 is now out of date and nothing can be done other than renewal 

wrote:

I have set the ps5 to Dolby digital, so basically the v30 is now out of date and nothing can be done other than renewal 

Not really, there is a chance that the menus are not in surround sound but are in stereo. Unless the menus are supposed to be in surround sound then everything is operating as expected. Don't forget that the V30 does support DTS 5.1 as well.

I do prefer the upgrade route to the AV35 as they can easily be found on eBay now, so I'd at least look into it.

That’s what I can’t understand the fact the v30 does dts , Dolby digital 5.1 . Works on the ps4

wrote:

That’s what I can’t understand the fact the v30 does dts , Dolby digital 5.1 . Works on the ps4

If you used optical for your PS4 then that would make sense as when you use that port it cannot send uncompressed audio and the PS4 would have just sent it standard 5.1.

It looks like for the PS5 you have to change the audio settings in two different locations to get everything to work

The audio format has to be set to Dolby and not Linear PCM.

Finally, at the bottom, set the Audio Format (Priority) to Linear PCM if your PS5 is connected directly to your receiver or soundbar over HDMI. If your PS5 connected to your TV, with your TV sending audio to the speakers over Optical or HDMI ARC, you may need to select Dolby or DTS here in order for surround to work, since other connections may not have the bandwidth for uncompressed LPCM in more than two channels.

You also have to go into the DVD's/Blu-Ray's/UHD's settings and changed the audio there from Linear PCM to Bitstream.

If you have a disc drive-equipped PS5, you can watch DVDs, Blu-rays, and UHD Blu-rays on your home theater system as well—though like previous PlayStation models, you may not hear surround sound properly when you first play a disc.

If you don't hear surround audio, press the Options button on your controller to bring up the menu, then select the button with three dots. Scroll down to Settings, and change the Audio Format to Bitstream—after doing so, you should find that all surround audio works properly, including Dolby Atmos. You should only need to do this once, and your PS5 will bitstream surround audio on future discs correctly.

I would also check out the post I mentioned earlier. As there are options that would allow you to use your PS5 in 4K and still have 5.1 using your older Bose MC1 receiver.

I hope that this answer helps solve your problem 🙂

Brilliant, it’s working now thank you 👍

wrote:

Brilliant, it’s working now thank you 👍

Ah, fantastic! I'm glad that I could help 😀