Desktop controller volume adjustment when microphone is not connected

Greetings Bose Community,

I am curious if the desktop controller of the QC35 II Gaming Headset can be used to control volume of the headset when it is not wired in, but connected with Bluetooth. My computer lists a sound output device for the Bluetooth-connected headphones and one for the desktop controller; I am unable to use the volume knob to change the computer's volume on outputs other than the controller's own output. I was a little disappointed to find out it didn't work this way by default, as I do not like having the wire/boom mic connected unless I'm using it; I therefore hope there is a way to work around this.

Thank you,

François

Hi François,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to answer your query regarding the QC35 II Gaming Headset.

The PC desktop controller that is provided with the headset can only be used when the headset is used wired, rather than via Bluetooth. The headset connects directly to the controller, which then connects to your computer, and allows you to control the master volume of your headset and adjust levels of mic monitoring. This allows easy access to volume control when mid-game, rather than navigating to the settings of your game/computer.

Although not recommended, you may be able to find the third-party audio cable to connect the headset to the controller, if you don't prefer to use the boom mic cabling connecting to the controller. We cannot account for the performance of third-party accessories but this may be possible to make the audio connection wired without needing the microphone.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further queries!

@PrepaidGiftBalance wrote:

Greetings Bose Community,

I am curious if the desktop controller of the QC35 II Gaming Headset can be used to control volume of the headset when it is not wired in, but connected with Bluetooth. My computer lists a sound output device for the Bluetooth-connected headphones and one for the desktop controller; I am unable to use the volume knob to change the computer's volume on outputs other than the controller's own output. I was a little disappointed to find out it didn't work this way by default, as I do not like having the wire/boom mic connected unless I'm using it; I therefore hope there is a way to work around this.

Thank you,

François

A suggestion I wanted to make for the tutorial is at part 4b, where it tells you how to open up the sound control panel. The "Related Settings" section (where the link is located under), is usually located on the top right, but if the window for the menu isn't wide enough, it instead gets placed on the bottom of the menu, where you might need to scroll to it. Someone might get confused by that, so I was thinking it would be good if you mentioned that detail.

Anyway, thank you for putting in the time to write up every single step in the tutorial. I hope this gets more attention and more people with the same problem can find this post in the future.