Dialogue Mode for SB700

Can the Dialogue Mode be set to ALWAYS (default) be on?  It’s very annoying to have to keep turning it on from the app. 

Hello deburns1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to answer any questions you have about the Soundbar 700! 

Dialogue mode can't be set to always be on, the Soundbar will default automatically when it's turned off, placed into standby mode or the input is changed. 

I would be more than happy to raise this for you as a future feature request. 

If any other users would like to see this added please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

hi Bose, can you please request that the dialogue mode button be added to the re are tons of buttons there that can be reassigned or shared. Picture this - you’re controlling your inputs moving from movies to music to airplay to Bluetooth when you have to then reach for your phone to change the dialogue setting?! Of all the settings required on a remote - sound settings and the dialogue is one of them. It’s sort of a universal remote isn’t it and not really ..........light doesn’t stay on long enough to pick up the remote an see where you the button is to select, the dialogue button is missing, doesn’t work with fire tv 4K stick, limited use with other ads on like Sony blu ray players, no on screen menu despite the arc hdmi being connected - instead you’re expected to drop the remote ignore the fact that a screen already is available to see the options (your tv screen) and pick up another piece of electronic equipment to make some selections on the same equipment you just had in your hand ..........strewth .....do your coders have multi apparatus exposure or do they operate on a laptop with a Bluetooth speaker ......have your testers ever sat down in a darkened room (movie time / evening) and tried to set their systems up to enjoy themselves. You know, doing simple things like , grabbing the remote - switching from TV to selecting movies, maybe switch the dialogue button? What about the noise levels when you switch inputs ? Is there a balancing function to ensure all output is of the same db level as the source you are switching from? Absolute madness......do you want me to write a list of things for you to correct and test properly? no problem.....at all....happy to help otherwise we’re stuck with excellent sound equipment with very poor and outdated software / user control options. Must do better Bose! 

Seconding this request, except I don’t even care if it’s the default; just make it so it doesn’t reset every time the system is turned off or to standby. Have it stay on whatever mode the user last selected. 

At the very least, add the dialogue mode to the controls in the app, so I don’t have to get up to retrieve the Bose remote just to make this blasted change every single time I turn on my TV. Thank you for putting in this feature request!

I started another thread about this recently, and someone replied that if you hold the dialogue button down for 5 seconds, the green light will flash, and then it will retain the setting. I tried this… and it worked!!! Now when I turn my system on (soundtouch 300), it’s already on dialogue mode. Hope this works for your system, too!!

Just wanted to give credit to  for posting the correct solution to making dialogue mode “always on.”