Disappointed to say the least

Being a big fan of Bose products, I was quite surprised as to when I updated my MacBook Pro that there is no software available to support the 4 speakers which I have around my house. Surely the developers at Bose should look at this issue of software support, but if this is not feasible, please give your customers a software alternative. Other than than that my only other alternative is to look for a different brand. 

Bose Soundtouch 30,20 10 x 2

Country UK

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on - MacBook Pro 2019

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - No Software support

What environment do you experience the issue in? - All

When did you start to experience the issue? - When I purchased a new macbook

Did it work correctly previously?- yes

Any troubleshooting steps you took - None

Hi , thanks for posting, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty using the SoundTouch app with your MacBook Pro. You can download the app here.

Could you let me know what issue you are coming across? Additionally, what version OS X is your Mac running?

Thanks for the software link but I am getting the following message "

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." I think other Bose users on this forum are having the same issue

Perhaps Bose software developers need to update their software before Apple will let anyone install it on their MacBooks.

If it is any help I am running 11.2 Big Sur

Regards

Scooter

Hey scooter4114,

I'm sorry to see you're coming across this issue - it seems to be as a result of security features on the Catalina OS. The good news is there is a way around this, which has been discussed in the Community before, so we can try this to help you access your program.

You can find the full discussion thread 'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. HERE, with instructions on how to get around the installation issue HERE.

Give this a try and let me know how you get on!