Disappointing Inferior Sound Quality From The Bose Sport Earbuds

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose Sport Earbuds

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Very Disappointing Inferior Sound Quality from the Bose Sport Earbuds. I was expecting the sound quality to sound identical if not improved compared to the Discontinued Bose SoundSport Wired Earbuds that I still use and love on a daily basis (even though they’re malfunctioning). The sound quality from the wired soundsport is still legendary to me because of the Triport technology used in the speakers to create a bigger sound profile to sound more flat and detailed with a slightly saturated tone to the treble in order to create a very nicely detailed balanced sound. Sadly, the Bluetooth Bose Sport Earbuds completely lack that kind of sound profile since they sound more tinny and muffled, lacking depth and a bigger sound with a wider stereo image. 

I’m an audiophile and I can immediately tell that the frequency response is weaker compared to the wired bose soundsport earbuds. Frankly I don’t even know if the Bose Sport Earbuds used the Triport technology. My guess is probably not.

Very disappointing, looks like sadly I’ll have to look elsewhere for an excellent bluetooth sound quality pair of earbuds until Bose can eventually match their sound profile to the 2015 soundsport that I have at some point.

I hope that Bose will eventually release a high quality pair of bluetooth earbuds that have phenomenally tuned sound drivers with Triport technology that will sound just as awesome as the soundsport eventually but until then. 

I’ll look elsewhere.

I should also mention that the skinnier and more comfort design from the SoundSport certainly makes it much easier for them to fit in the ears to get that sound. The new Bose Bluetooth Earbuds of the Sport and QuietComfort are very bulky and don’t allow me to fully shove them into my ears to get that sound with the StayHear tips, the Bulkier design of the Sport and QuietComfort earbuds don’t allow for your ear to rest or adjust to the tips as much since they’re heavier, which prevents me from fully shoving them in. Especially with the seeming lack of Triport Technology.

You are not the only one to feel this way :). I gave my opinion as to the sound quality in the the thread linked below. At least take comfort in knowing that others agree and find out what headphones they decided to keep and why...

https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Bose-Sport-Earbuds-less-sound-quality-in-comparison-with/m-p/556372/highlight/true#M21722

I appreciate the response David!

I love and respect Bose for their quality products since I’ve bought many great products from them, but for now, it looks like I’ll have to buy wireless earbuds from another competitor since I’m trying to find the same identical if not improved sound profile to the soundsport 2015 bose earbuds I have that are malfunctioning (they are auto-skipping songs, auto-playing and pausing playback, bringing up voice control, it’s a mess because of the loose wire). 

Any suggestions?  I have heard some great things about the Grado GT220, but would prefer to get phenomenal audiophile quality sound at a cheaper price if possible.

I purchased a pair and wore them today to the gym for the first time. I am very disappointed in the sound profile. i found them to have a very high treble and it was not equal or appropriate to the low bass profile.

I am looking for an equalizer solution that would be compatible that I can download on to my iPhone 11, otherwise, i will be returning them, unfortunately.

I am a 30 year Bose customer.