Extend Wave IV with soundtouch to other rooms

We have a Bose Wave System IV with the soundtouch pedestal.  I would like to listen to whatever is playing on the Bose (radio or CD) in another room.  I have read on this website that it is possible to do this using a Bose Soundtouch adapter.  Is this the case?  And if so, will there be a digital delay between the sound on the Bose, and the sound as received in the other room?

Bose product name  Wave Sound system with soundtouch pedestal

Country  UK

wrote:

We have a Bose Wave System IV with the soundtouch pedestal.  I would like to listen to whatever is playing on the Bose (radio or CD) in another room.  I have read on this website that it is possible to do this using a Bose Soundtouch adapter.  Is this the case?  And if so, will there be a digital delay between the sound on the Bose, and the sound as received in the other room?

Bose product name  Wave Sound system with soundtouch pedestal

Country  UK

I am sorry to say that you will not like what I am going to say, but that is impossible to do with a Wave Soundtouch. The SoundTouch pedestal is an input only device that can send music to the Wave from the SoundTouch network, Airplay 2, or Bluetooth. It cannot output any sound from the Wave system to other devices. 

The only way you can output sound from the Wave is by connecting a Bluetooth device (or any other music transmitter) to the headphone out of the Wave system. Just know that when you do this it will mute your Wave system.

I am sorry that this isn't the answer that you would have wanted, but I hope that it at least solves your question.

Thank you - I suspected this was the case - I am grateful to you for saving me the cost of buying one (which, incidentally, I see are no longer sold by Bose).  

wrote:

Thank you - I suspected this was the case - I am grateful to you for saving me the cost of buying one (which, incidentally, I see are no longer sold by Bose).  

If you don't have the Wave Pedestal yet, it still is available in the UK. I think it adds a lot to the system. Also you can copy your CD's to your computer via iTunes and listen to your CD's around the house that way. Just know that SoundTouch has been discontinued now.