F1 Model 812 systems with Numark/Mackie and Peavy Sub Setup

Hi, I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of F1 812's. I DJ and Karaoke anywhere from small rooms (500 sq. ft.) to halls for wedding receptions. I use a pair of passive Yorkville 15” speaker’s and an 18" passive Peavey subwoofer with a couple Mackie M1400i FR series amps along with my Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro mixer. I have two different setups I use, one for DJing with my Numark with the other for Karaoke.

1) DJ Setup: 

a) Speakers: Numark Mixdeck Quad > 1stMackie M1400i FR series amp > L/R Ch. Stereo to each speaker.

b) Sub: 1stMackie M1400i FR series (speaker amp) > 2ndMackie M1400i FR series amp > L Ch to sub.

2) Karaoke Setup: Basically the same as above but, I use a Mackie 1402VLZ Pro mixer along with using the mixers mic inputs.

My question is; How would I setup/connect the F1 812’s for each of my setups above? I want to have stereo and use my existing subwoofer. I would sincerely appreciate any help and/or suggestions that you may have. Thank you, Ray 

Edit Subject: Previously "Help Needed: Numark and Peavy Sub Setup"
Bose Pro Community Admin                        

Hi, Ray.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Ray&Paula posted:

Hi, I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of F1 812's. I DJ and Karaoke anywhere from small rooms (500 sq. ft.) to halls for wedding receptions. I use a pair of passive Yorkville 15” speaker’s and an 18" passive Peavey subwoofer with a couple Mackie M1400i FR series amps along with my Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro mixer. I have two different setups I use, one for DJing with my Numark with the other for Karaoke.

1) DJ Setup: 

a) Speakers: Numark Mixdeck Quad > 1stMackie M1400i FR series amp > L/R Ch. Stereo to each speaker.

b) Sub: 1stMackie M1400i FR series (speaker amp) > 2ndMackie M1400i FR series amp > L Ch to sub.

2) Karaoke Setup: Basically the same as above but, I use a Mackie 1402VLZ Pro mixer along with using the mixers mic inputs.

My question is; How would I setup/connect the F1 812’s for each of my setups above? I want to have stereo and use my existing subwoofer. I would sincerely appreciate any help and/or suggestions that you may have. Thank you, Ray                                                                     

I don't see a crossover network in your system. Did I miss it? How are you ensuring that only the low frequencies are going to the subwoofers?

The F1 Model 812 systems have a full range line out.

In general terms, you can connect your Numark Mixdeck Quad or Mackie 1402VLZ Pro to the inputs of the F1 Model 812 systems. Then connect the F1 Model 812 LINE OUTS to the inputs of your Mackie M1400i FR series amps and the Mackie M1400i FR series amps to the subwoofers. But I wouldn't expect this to sound great because there's no crossover or low-pass filter to ensure that only the low frequencies are going to the subwoofers.

If you need a more detailed response, please tell us how you are separating the mid-high frequencies to the Yorkville speakers and the low frequencies to the subwoofers. Also, please provide links to the owners' manuals for the non-Bose equipment in your system.

Thanks,

ST

Thank you for your help. Couldn’t find info. other than below or an online manual for the Yorkville speakers.                                                                     1) DJ Setup:                                                                                                         a) Speakers: Numark Mixdeck Quad > 1stMackie M1400i FR series amp > L/R Ch. Stereo to each speaker.                                                                              b) Sub: 1stMackie M1400i FR series (speaker amp) > 2ndMackie M1400i FR series amp > L Ch to sub.                                                                                    I don’t use any other equipment for DJing.                                                 Numark Mixdeck Quad: https://www.numark.com/product/mixdeckquad

Mackie M1400i FR series amp: https://supportloudtech.netx.n...-public/#/asset/9806

Peavey Sub: https://assets.peavey.com/lite.../manuals/8030080.pdf

Yorkville Speakers: Model YS115 - 8ohms - 150 watts

2) Karaoke Setup: My current setup for karaoke consists of many components. I use the same Mackie amps as above. I do use a Behringer Super X crossover in this setup. Although the other equipment doesn’t really relate to what we’re discussing, I’ll list it anyway. The equipment is daisy chained in the following order;

Mackie Mixer 1402-VLZ Pro https://supportloudtech.netx.n...0628/viewer/document

Behringer Edison Stereo Processor

Behringer Ultrafex Pro EX3200 (sound enhancement processor)

Behringer Super X Crossover CX2300

https://www.manualslib.com/man...Super-X-Cx-2300.html

Speaker Amp (Mackie M1400i FR link above)

Not really related,                                                                                                 In regards to my Karaoke setup, I installed and built the cases myself. A DJ friend of mine, now passed away setup this equipment along with all the connections. I have two other cases that house 2 JVC Karaoke CD G players and the 2 amps mentioned that’s tied into this as well.

Currently, I’m having a couple issues somewhere in my Karaoke setup.         1) After about 15 minutes of continuous use the volume sounds slightly lower and the music sounds mono with no bass. When it does this I can regain proper stereo sound as it was originally by racking the fader back and forth quickly. It will repeat itself as described above every 15 minutes or so. I switched over to another fader channel (never used) which it repeats itself as above. I don’t know if it’s a mixer and/or a crossover issue. Possibly it may be clipping through the crossover for some reason or the mixer needs cleaning. The mixer has always been kept covered and really hasn’t been overly used. This issue just started recently.

2) I’ve been receiving hum through my speakers for quite a while as well. Could be a ground loop issue.

Obviously, I’m going to have to go through everything above in order to trace out the problem which equals a very time consuming job. 

Thank you again for your help, I sincerely appreciate you time and help. Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for added more information to the discussion.

Here's what you can do if you want to run the F1 Model 812 systems without the subwoofers.

On the F1 Model 812 systems set the EQ to FULL RANGE

Depending on your application, you can connect your Numark Mixdeck Quad to the inputs of the F1 Model 812 systems. 

Mackie 1402VLZ Pro to the inputs of the F1 Model 812 systems. 

I'll come back with how you can use the subwoofers in a few minutes.

ST

Wow!! Fantastic Job!! Thank you!!! I'll check back. Please correct me if I'm wrong; It appears that I can use my Mackie amps instead of the Bose powered amps if I want. Thank you!!! I'll check back.

Hi again, Ray.

If you want to use the subwoofers, you can do this.

Numark Mixdeck Quad

Mackie 1402VLZ Pro

If you want to use the Behringer Edison Stereo Processor and Behringer Ultrafex Pro EX3200, you can insert them in the signal chain between the mixer outputs and the crossover inputs.

That should get you going.

ST

Hi, Ray.

Ray&Paula posted:

Wow!! Fantastic Job!! Thank you!!! I'll check back. Please correct me if I'm wrong; It appears that I can use my Mackie amps instead of the Bose powered amps if I want. Thank you!!! I'll check back.

The Bose F1 Model 812 systems have built-in amplifiers. You will only need the amps to power the subwoofers.

ST

Got it..... Sorry I was so excited about your diagrams. I see that the other speaker option is coming off the Mackie mixer.

So what are your thoughts for DJing/KJing with these from small to large hall venues?

Just looked at the rest you sent. Man!! This is totally awesome!!! You really, really helped me in showing how to run this!! What a fantastic job!! I can't thank you enough!! I'm totally Wowed!!

In all liklihood, I'll only be running one sub. Would you suggest just follow your diagram for the left channel, with the right following as in your diagram to the speaker? I'm blown away here!!

Hi, Ray.

Ray&Paula posted:

In all liklihood, I'll only be running one sub. Would you suggest just follow your diagram for the left channel, with the right following as in your diagram to the speaker? I'm blown away here!!

Please use the settings as shown here:

and described more fully in the Behringer CX2300 E owner's manual.

ST