Fast forwarding and Rewind

Hi there I recently bought a QC 35 series 2 and the fast forwarding and rewind feature doesnt work on my Google Pixel which runs on Android 8.1 but the rest of the features work like skip a track etc. 

I tested on a Samsung S8  which runs Android 7 and all the features work. 

Does it mean that some features of the media playback wont work on Android 8? 

Has anybody faced the same issued as I am facing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Were the headphones paired to the phone before the 8.1 update? if so remove it from the phone's pairing list, reboot the phone and pair it again. 

Hi James no it was paired with the 8.1 software on. It works on Android 7 on my Samsung s8

Thank you for reaching out to us. This appears to be an issue in Android 8.x affecting this function. It is being looked into but all the other functions should work fine. If there is anything else I find I will let you know! 

Enjoy your QC 35 and have a safe week!

Mohsin

I have this same issue.

Also, was there supposed to be a way to access Google Assistant? 

I have the on ear wireless.

thank you for writing in! Press and hold down the Multi-function button located on the right earcup to trigger Google Assistant on your phone. Hope that helps!

Thank you again,

Mohsin

I have been using my bose cq 35 with a iPhone SE and everything was working well.
I have gotten a new phone (Samsung A8 2018) and since i'm using an android phone some functions does not work properly any more. I cannot rewind or fast forward a song anymore. Also the volume settings with my iPhone was shared with the headphone, this is also not the case any more. If I put the volume at the max on my headphone, but the media volume settings on my Samsung is set low, the volume will not go above the volume set on the phone. I can press the buttom all day long, but the volume will not go up. I have to do this on my phone which is annoying. My conclusion is, the CQ 35 works perfectly in combination with a iPhone, but does not work with a android phone as it suposed to do.

Bose, could you please fix the problem? I have spent a lot of money on a headphone which does not do what the manual says it does!

Hello, thank you for writing in. The QC35 wireless headphones are compatible with both Android and Apple devices. Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your set. Please try removing and re-pairing the headset to your phone. Also, if it is possible, try testing with a different Android device. 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin