FI 812 Dented Grill

Is there anyone who knowhow I might remove the Mid- Grille so I can pop out a dent that was put into it the VERT FIRST time I used it?

Hi ejthedjnycli,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Ouch.

ejthedjnycli posted:

Is there anyone who knowhow I might remove the Mid- Grille so I can pop out a dent that was put into it the VERT FIRST time I used it?

The grills are pressure fit. There's no special tools or tricks to make it easier to remove them. You might find it easier to get at the middle grille if you remove one of the side grilles first. 

Go slowly.

If you damage the grilles, unfortunately that's not covered under warranty, but you can get replacements from Bose Support.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

ST

They are easy enough to remove. Get something long and push out at the edges making sure you don't damage another grille doing it. They are held in with rubber seals which can be tight the first time they are removed..

I had a similar experience so got my wife to modify the front of the Music Store covers to include a thin sheet of protective plastic. No dents after that.

They are beautiful speakers but easily damaged at the front unfortunately.

Thanks!

hi, is there any chance here in this converstion that anyone can send a sample video on how to remove the side grill, please i really need it got dent on it it's just really bother me how it look . Thanks

Mariano.donny@yahoo.com

Hi Donny,

Welcome to the forum!

The S1 speaker grille cannot be removed and placed back on again, as the act of removal breaks the tabs. If the speaker grille is removed, it will need to be replaced with a new one. As Bose do not sell the speaker grilles separately, only our repair team can replace this component.