Firmware 1.6.3 is available in Wellness - Archive

Update experience was smooth.

Bose Hear – ONLY For Bose HEARphones™ by Bose Corporation
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bose-hear-only-for-bose-hearphones/id1175475400?mt=8

I just got my Hearphones today.  I played with them for about an hour before doing the update.  I’m not completely sure, but I think that in the previous version, the bluetooth and world boost settings were independent.  I am almost positive that I set them independently and that I went looking for a Bluetooth boost setting after I noticed that it was only affecting the World sound from the main menu.  Now they are linked.  Not bad, but I’d rather have them separate if possible.  Update itself went smoothly.

Hi

Congratulations on getting your Hearphones. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine.

I just double checked. The Bluetooth boost and World Volume settings are (still) independent.

Please tell me what's happening for you that indicates they are linked?  I'll try to replicate that here.

Thanks,

ST

My mistake.  I thought there were separate EQ boost controls for the mic and streaming Bluetooth audio streams, but there never were.  

Hi Everybody,

Have you noticed a change in the way your Hearphones respond in very loud environments?

I'm in a VERY loud setting, and my Hearphones are much better at handling loud cymbal crashes and snare drum hits. No more loud cracking but if I listen for it, I can hear a little bit of break up/distortion. But it's much more tolerable than then the cracking noise I used to hear in the same setting. 

What about you? Have you noticed a difference?

ST

ST,

I noticed that with very sharp, sudden sounds, the Hearphones "popped" or "crackled" previously, even with the highest NC on (World Volume at 50). It was really bad when I was grinding metal with the Hearphones on. However this morning, I was stacking wood and breaking sticks with WV at 0, and the "crack" of the breaking stick would cause the Hearphones to pop. I did not try it would WV at -50. So, maybe it is better, but I still noticed it, at least at WV of 0.

wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Have you noticed a change in the way your Hearphones respond in very loud environments?

I'm in a VERY loud setting, and my Hearphones are much better at handling loud cymbal crashes and snare drum hits. No more loud cracking but if I listen for it, I can hear a little bit of break up/distortion. But it's much more tolerable than then the cracking noise I used to hear in the same setting. 

What about you? Have you noticed a difference?

ST

=========

Yes, have noticed a difference.  With earlier version I would frequently get a distinct "pop"  with a sudden loud event (i.e. clapping, something slammed on a counter).    Since the update this issue has been dramatically less frequent.

Bill