Frames Problem with the hardware

I had researched and found that people had the same problem I was having where my Bose Frames stopped working out of nowhere and nothing had occurred to them. I found a thread regarding this detail on this support forum and followed it closely, attempting the troubleshooting of updating the software and all that. However, they did not want to charge or even connect to my computer. Not until I found out that I had to fold the legs and only then would they start charging and connecting to the computer. I updated the software and had a complete charge so I thought it was fixed. But when I went to put them on they stopped working again. I decided to test my theory out and folded the leg that has the power button and turned it on in order to connect to my cellphone. And lo and behold it connected. I played music and went to put them on but once the leg fully extended the device shut down once more. It didn't take much testing to figure out that the problem is that the hardware/circuits in the power leg are messed up and lose their connection once the leg is extended. This is something that can't be fixed by update means and is only possible by sending them somewhere to get fixed. But I don't know where since the support site and everything does not give me any means to contact Bose for this problem. I've entered my frame's serial number so many times its crazy and it alway sends me to a simple troubleshooting page but obviously nothing there will work to fix them since it is the hardware itself that has the problem. I am very disheartened since these are pretty expensive and I would like to have them fixed since I greatly enjoyed them while they worked, but don't see anything that would help me. If anyone has the problem where they stopped working, don't want to turn on or charge it is most likely the same thing that happened to mine. But unless we can send them somewhere to be fixed there is nothing we can do ourselves unless someone wants to risk actually opening them up and trying to fix them by soldering or something. Please, if anyone from Bose reads this, please help myself and so many others with this same issue.

Thank you,

-CM

Hi CM,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

It does sound like this is being caused by an issue with the hardware on your Frames, so you will need to organize to have these serviced. You can find the contact information for your local support team, so you can get your Frames booked in for a service, HERE. You will want to select your country/region and then the scroll down to the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

If you are still having trouble finding the correct contact information, please do let me know what country you are in and I will post a link to the correct details directly for you!

I hope this helps!

Hi! 

I'm actually having the exact same problem as the above, however when I click that link and then my county (Australia) it takes me to a blank page? It has the top and bottom of any other bose website page but nothing on it.

Thanks! 

Hey HarpPlayer, 

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear this, if you click this link here it will take you directly to Bose Australia support. 

If you are still having issues with the link, please do let us know. 

I have the same problem, I send it to the service here in cairo and they exchanged it, the service was good and fast, unfortunately the new one after 1 month of use the problem happened again, the frames only work with the leg folded, when you extend it it never works, must be a design flaw.

Hi,

I have the same problem with the hardware of the Bose frames. I tried to reach were to contact, but I did not find a contact in Puerto Rico. Could you please give me who to contact in Puerto Rico.

Thanks,

Luis

Hi Luis, very sorry to hear this. You can find support in Puerto Rico HERE.

Hello, today i woke up with the same problem, it not turning on, but when i close a little bit the frame then works good, so its a hardware problem, Bose is not working on my country, Bolivia, there is not maintenance, So i have to make something with some technician over here, but the question its if maybe with a cable make a bridge and have the solution there,  but please anyone has annother solution? or any clue how to do this? thanks!

exact same problem and I've used the link to connect with Bose Taiwan. Taiwan team replied can not service the Rondo frame since they do not sell these here. Please advise what can we do to fix this since we are stuck here due to Covid. 

I experienced the same problem just like many others. I bought it when it came out so it's not under warranty. I believe it's firmware issue and we shouldn't pay $149 to get it fixed. How can we get Bose to do something about it!