Frames switch off when phone connects to car

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Frames tempo

Country

Uk

Firmware Version

Not known

App Version

Current

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Suzuki infotainment system

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When starting car Frames turn off as phone connects to car system

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

As soon as purchased 3 days ago

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Turning off and on 

Hello Flyinghussar, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I would love to try and help. The likelihood is your phone can only support one Bluetooth pairing at a time. Can I please ask what phone you have. Also, are you connecting to the car with Bluetooth? What car is it? The more information I have, the more I can help. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you for the reply. My phone is a Samsung A40 which will support two Bluetooth devices at the same time. However whenever the watch gets a notification or message off go the Frames. The car is a Suzuki Vitara 2015 infotainment system. And yes connection via blue tooth. I could try connecting the phone via.  USB as its an option 

Replying to my own post after a phone call to Bose. The Frames will only interact with one device. The phone will transmit music to two devices but will not allow transmission to frames and watch at the same time. Likewise with the car. 😐😐

I now have a replacement pair of Tempos when i can get them to connect they work fine and DONT SHUT DOWN when i start my car and the phone connects to the car system. They do stop playing but resume when the car is turned off. 

There seems to be so many annomolies with these Frames. 

I do wish they would just work out of the box. 

I have the same problem. However it is not just turning on my car that causes my Alto to disconnect to my Oppo Reno 5G phone. Any movement which causes my music to stop (tilting my head, taking the sunglasses off my head even for a moment) - THEN requires me to go back into my phone settings and pair the Sunglasses to my phone AGAIN....every time! Very frustrating!

Hi Di3000.

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issue. Please try to troubleshoot the issue using the steps on this LINK.

That should take care of it.