Freespace DS 16F speakers in Home Theather

Hello need your help

A friend gave me 12 Freespace model 16 speakers that were taken from a car dealer after remodeling the space.

I don´t know what to do with them, but I was thinking to take 5 or 7 and make a home cinema room with my HD Projector. At the moment the projector is conected to a sound bar, but I thought to make it more cinema type of room, by using this Speakers.

1st is it possible to use this speakers to create a 5.1 or 7.1 system? If yes, are they any good, in terms of sound quality?yes they are very good in a comercial room as a car dealer, but for this type of project are they suiteable?

What kind of amplifier do you recomend?

how can/should I do the wiring?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

André

Hi Andre,

It's technically possible to use them for home theater, but I don't usually recommend it. They have low impedance terminals, so you don't need a commercial 70v/100v amp, but you'd lack speaker EQ, and they're rated for only 16W each.

An average home theater receiver might be designed for 50-100W outputs per channel (4-8 ohm).

They work well for distributed audio systems, and background music. If you'd like to learn more about what we use them for, please visit pro.bose.com. 

Thank you,

ChrisJ-at-Bose

Do we have in-ceiling speakers from Bose that we can use for 5.1 or 7.1 configuration for home theater?

Prior to the release of the Design Max series, we used FreeSpace in "Home Theater" scenarios, but they were always DS40's or DS100's... the DS16's don't have the range or "horsepower" to make good home theater speakers. They are really great background music speakers though. 

The new DM5 and DM6 with the DM8S makes for a fantastic Home/Small Theater system.