Fuse Replacement for L1 Model 1

I have searched high and low, both locally and online, for a viable fuse replacement for this tower. I can't find anything at all that meets the specs. Hardware stores don't carry them. I can't find them on Amazon or eBay. Can someone point me in the direction of a T15A 125V/250V 6.3 x 32mm fuse please?

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan,

Bose may have them.

Call Bose Technical support at 1-877-335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET

But I found these on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=aps...l=search-alias=aps

ST

Hey there ST,

You are a lifesaver! I have no idea why it didn't show up in my search criteria.

Thanks for the find!

Jonathan

we ordered the above fuses that were recommended and it's the exact size of the ceramic fuse however none of them are working. Have you experienced that?  We removed fuse from other tower and it works fine so we know it's the fuse. Bose told us they don't sell it and we need to send it into repair. We aren't doing that.  Any suggestions??

Hi Tobagojoe,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Tobagojoe posted:

we ordered the above fuses that were recommended and it's the exact size of the ceramic fuse however none of them are working. Have you experienced that?  We removed fuse from other tower and it works fine so we know it's the fuse. Bose told us they don't sell it and we need to send it into repair. We aren't doing that.  Any suggestions??

I'm sorry you're having trouble finding the right fuse.

Do the new fuses work in the "other tower"?

ST

No. But they are same size 

Hi, Tobagojoe,

There are a couple of possibilities. Maybe the fuses you got are defective or they are blowing as soon as you put them in the system (that works with the correct fuse).

When I do search for "T15A, 125V/250V, 6.3x32mm" I find slow and fast blow fuses. The slow-blow fuses come up first.  I've amended my post above to show the search results.

I just pulled a fuse out of my L1 Classic, and it doesn't specify slow or fast, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is slow because the peak inrush current of those systems is 32A @ 120V 60Hz  (link to the L1 owners guide) (link to L1 Model I owners guide)

Do you have a continuity tester? If so, you can check to see if the fuses are defective or blown.

If you happen to have the original packaging and manual, there was a spare fuse included with the system.

ST