Getting new L1 setup, B1, B2, or 2xB1

loading up after being off for a few months, thanks Covid-19, LOL, i realize i need new gear...im looking at the L1 Model 2 but am unsure which bass module set up to use, B1, B2, or 2xB1, and the advantages of each compared to the other.   

Thanks--BD

Hi, BD.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

For a DJ, you want a B2. Please see the table below.

B2 Switching

B2RearPanel.png

The B2 bass module includes a switch allowing you to select the appropriate level of bass output for your application.

There are three settings:

Switch Position Application
Bass voicing designed for DJ/Music playback applications
Similar to four B1s
Normal Bass voicing ideal for bass guitar or live sound application when mic'ing a kick drum
Similar to two B1s
- Bass voicing which is perfect for acoustic guitar and vocal
Similar to one B1

Source: B2

There are a couple of reasons to get two B1s.

• It's easier to pack two B1s than a single B2 because the B1s are smaller
  • If you have a small gig, you can take a single B1

Does that help?
ST

I have two L1s with a B2 and two B1s.  If the size and weight of the B2 is not a problem, I would recommend that because you have more options.  It really sounds great.  Two B1s would not be a bad choice but you won't get the same thump.

@rxdude94 posted:

loading up after being off for a few months, thanks Covid-19, LOL, i realize i need new gear...im looking at the L1 Model 2 but am unsure which bass module set up to use, B1, B2, or 2xB1, and the advantages of each compared to the other.   

Thanks--BD

I use 2 B1's.

Did try a B2 - lovely sound but it was just too heavy for me to lift and move around.

The weight of the B2 was what drove my decision to stay with 2 B1's.

Just a personal choice.

Good luck with your new gear and gigs!

2 B1s or not 2 B1s? A question for the ages ??. Seriously, there is a level of subjectivity in the answer that depends on the music styles and venues you play.

If you a DJ and want as much bass as you can muster, then a B2 would be better as has been suggested.

Or if you are like me, where I play acoustic instruments and related music, we prefer a balanced sound from the bass so 2 B1s work better to our ear. The is tighter and less obtrusive to the overall sound.

Then there is the bulkiness and weight issue of the B2 to take into consideration. Easier to lug and pack 2 B1s.

In the final analysis, it’s what sounds best to you with the music you play. They are both good solutions. You’ve got a great sound choice in the L1M2. All the best in getting back to playing!

thanks for the replies!!  it certainly gives me something to chew on....

I'm a soloist using L1 Model 2 and a B 2 . B2 is heavy and cumbersome but nothing a trolley does'nt fix well worth it as the sound is awsome

regards

Laurie

Im a solo acoustic performer, and I've just recently purchased a L1 Model 2 with the B2.  

It is a big unit, but much lighter than my old Powered speakers, and because I use a Wazinator acoustic stomp box, the bass options on the B2 are awesome.