Give me a break

@ric,  I'm not giving you a hard time for using that mixer.   

This is the battery powered phantom power unit I gave away. It worked fine with my Neumann KMS 105.

ST

@ST, that is 18V phantom power, which is also what the Behringer Xenix 1002B provides. It does not work with all condenser microphones, but it does with many.

http://www.countryman.com/bpm-battery-power-module/

ST posted:

Hi DJ8X,

DJ8X posted:

Can you think of any pro gear powered speaker that has phantom power @ST ?

DJ8X posted:

I was wondering about gear along the lines of cabs that can be pole mounted?

I did some hunting around last night. My criteria: about the same size, weight, power output, SPL, and since you mention it, everything I looked at was also pole-mountable.

I looked at least four products that fit the criteria. I didn't find phantom power on any of them, and all that had multiple inputs summed them, post volume to the line out.

ST

QSC K and KW series have an option for "thru" (pre-volume) or mix.  My Fishman gear has that as well.  (Yamaha varies a bit by series.) A typical use for the "Thru" output would be XLR from mixer to 812 #1 and XLR from 812 #1 to 812 #2.  Since the output is volume dependent, will setting volume on both units at the 0 position yield equal volume in this configuration??   I would have much preferred the option to mix or send at least a single input to "Thru".  

Just got F1 system unboxed and don't really get to set it up and tweak until next week.  

I'm back to resurrect my original 3yro post here.  I just want to say thank you Bose.  I have been in Oz for close to 3 years now and never really found a great solution I was comfortable with.  I am now a L1 pro 16 owner... with phantom power.  I am so happy they put a little mixer back into the L1 like my old classic unit, that I had to leave behind.  Lugging around a mixer to small to medium size venues isn't ideal and I missed the dispersion of my old tower.  Having the app is perfect.  Thank you.

Now if we could just get some sweep-able mids in the app (and maybe a pre volume option for the line out to record performances with.)  Very happy to gig with an L1 again.

Pro16, giant leap forward!  Wish list:  Separate volume control for sub, full 10 band EQ on App, critical mids adjustment missing.  2 band EQ is so Old School!