Headphone issue

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

quiet comfort 15 headphone

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) none

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

One side of my headphone is working intermittently. I believe to be.a wiring issue in one of the hear piece. When I tap on it, sometimes many times, it comes back for a while.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) when I plug it in my ipad

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 3 weeks ago

Any troubleshooting steps you took

no.

i bought a new set quietcomfort 35 wireless but it is heavier and I miss my 15 model. Any way this can be fixed?

Contact Bose Support for your location and arrange to send in for repair.

(I do not work for Bose)

1. One thing to check is whether the issue is not the 15 - I assume though you didn't state that you were able to get the QC35 to work fine though you found it too heavy to wear.  If that is not true, it is not the 15 but could be an issue on the iPad.  You also said you plug into the iPad.  Have you tried the 15 with BT?  is it the same issue - if yes - you can eliminate the possibility it may have been a wire or wire connection problem.

2. Once you are sure it is not a problem with the wire, the connector on the iPad or perhaps the app playing the sound on the iPad (try more than one), then you should contact Bose.  Thing is... it is likely they won't repair it (I believe that could be their policy for all headphone).  They will offer an exchange.  It is only free if you are under warranty.  Otherwise they will offer a price that you may consider too high.  You can pay the price and return the QC35 or keep the QC35 and not do the exchange.  If it were me, I would do one or the other (or neither).  I would not do both.

3. One other possibility if you think it is a loose or disconnected wire and you are out of warranty.  I can't speak for Canada but here in Texas, it could be possible to get it repaired (like by an electronics fixing entity) for less than an exchange.  In US $, I am guess a loose or disconnected wire would be somewhere between $80 and $150 but again that is my guess (not my business).