How can I install hdd on bose av 18?

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose lifestyle 28 II

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

wrote:

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Bose lifestyle 28 II

Firmware Version 05.01.08 

You didn't ask a question in the body of the text, but if the title is correct I think you're asking if you can add a Hard Drive to an AV18? I'm guessing you're asking if you can add uMusic as found in AV38 & AV48 receivers? If it is, then the answer is simple, you cant 🤷‍♂️

Yes, if I can install an hdd and then install umusic

wrote:

Yes, if I can install an hdd and then install umusic

No, you can't. It doesn't have the chips and other hardware on the board that would allow for that to happen. The only way to get uMusic is to replace your AV18 receiver with an AV38 / AV48 receiver or if you purchase another system called the 321GSX / 321GSX III.

So it doesn't have the SATA port for the hdd?  

wrote:

So it doesn't have the SATA port for the hdd?  

You mean PATA (remember this is tech from 2004), but that is missing and it also doesn't have all the chips on the board that uMusic would need to make it work. Open up your AV18 and see 🤷‍♂️

If you want to store your CD's on a uMusic system, you will need to purchase a uMusic system off of eBay. Though it is far better to use modern tech for music today as you won't have to rely on 17-year-old hard drives and receivers.

Yes, of course, I wanted to know if it was possible. Thank you very much