How do I program my Bose remote to control Xfinity Cable Box

Bose product name: Bose V35 Whole House System

Firmware Version:  ????

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Bose Universal Remote trying to control comcast cable Box

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: I have a Bose V35 whole house system with the Bose IR universal remote.  About a year ago Comcast provided a new cable box.  Not sure who manufactures this box, but it will only handle RF signals.  The remote that came with the the cable box will control the volume on the Bose, but that is the only function that will work.  I would like the Bose remote to control the cable box.  The cable box has the following nomenclature:

XG1v4-A  Model AX014ANC.  I updated the Bose firmware about a year ago.  I am not sure if I have the most current version.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

All

When did you start to experience the issue? When Comcast provided a new cable box. Did it work correctly previously? Yes, but I believe that cable box was IR

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Hey there ,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues programming your remote control. I have included a LINK HERE that has the instructions to assist you. I would recommend following these. 

Let me know how you get on! 

I am pretty sure this is the procedure I have followed in the past.  Either Bose does not recognize that cable box or there is an issue based upon the fact that the Bose remote is RF based and the Cable box is also RF based and does not accept IR commands.

Dennis