How many people actually used the BOSE ADAPTIQ IQ to set up their new Bose system?

How many people actually used the BOSE ADAPTIQ IQ to set up their new Bose system?  Was just wondering, I am sure it helps, I am on my 2nd Bose Life Style system in 15 years and didn't do it either time and never had any complaints about the sound, in fact just the opposite.  

Was just wondering how many people actually do it.  

wrote:

How many people actually used the BOSE ADAPTIQ IQ to set up their new Bose system?  Was just wondering, I am sure it helps, I am on my 2nd Bose Life Style system in 15 years and didn't do it either time and never had any complaints about the sound, in fact just the opposite.  

Was just wondering how many people actually do it.  

I was a little sceptical about this technology but a few things changed my mind:

1. Many other manufacturers (Sony, Yamaha) use similar technology to set up their multi speaker channel systems.

2. The technology simply adjusts the channel volume based on speaker size, room size and shape.

3. Adap IQ takes out the guess work out of audio setup and seems to work quite well.

I really don't understand why you wouldn't do it.  Even if you're just checking to see if it sounds better and reset the system if it sounds worse.

A lot of Bose technology revolves around reflected sound.  The soundbars can simulate surround sound without the need for extra speakers and their 5.1 systems can give similar to 7.1/9.1/atmos without the need for extra speakers.  When you're using reflected sound the environment you're in affects it more than traditional 5.1 systems, so running adaptiq takes the size, shape and even materials into the room into affect.

Other brands can do something similar, but I can't think of any others that use multiple points around the room to gather their information.  Most just measure one point which can create a "sweet spot" where the system will sound the best, not necessarily make the rest of the room sound good.

The thing here is that there actually is a chance that your room is just working really well in terms of acoustics and stuff, so it wouldn't do much for you and hence is sounding good out of the box.

But especially with handling bass i personally found that adaptiq is helping a lot to tone down the boominess and let it sound more precise. Eventhough i sometimes feel like it cuts it a bit too much here and there compared to the untouched bass. But other than that..yeah adaptiq is probably doing some adjustments to the delay and maybe to the DSP according to the frequencies the mic is catching during the process, but you won't notice it that much unless it is totally off in the first place.

We did. It felt rather weird to use it. But, it also made sense... 

I don't know why anyone would not use the Adaptiq speaker calibration.  If you don't, you'll never know if your system can sound better than it does.

Its not that I was or am against using ADAPTIQ, the only reason we have not used it yet is that we have 3 small children and time becomes very limited.  Also, the LS 650 sounds amazing and works perfect after setup.  Am sure I will give it a try when I have the time one day.  Thanks.

wrote:

Its not that I was or am against using ADAPTIQ, the only reason we have not used it yet is that we have 3 small children and time becomes very limited.  Also, the LS 650 sounds amazing and works perfect after setup.  Am sure I will give it a try when I have the time one day.  Thanks.

The process takes about five minutes. Ensure your room is in the usual state you will be listening to your Bose gear. Furniture placement, doors etc. Keep the children out during testing! It really is worth a go.