I am now disappointed with my new Bose Soundsport Wireless!

I am a Bose enthusiast, whenever I see a new Bose product I will always consider it before I make a similar purchase. I was really excited when the Soundsport Wireless was offered, I had to have them and made my purchase. They are really an excellent addition to my daily workout and walk, happy I made the purchase. Now I see Amazon is offering Earbuds in October and what really surprised me was that they were using Bose noise-cancelling technology and the earbuds are price $70 cheaper than my Soundsport Wireless . What gives Bose? I am really disappointed that you let this happen to your loyal customers. 

Scotty

Do you have a link to those headphones?

They are on Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Buds/dp/B07F6VM1S3/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=earbuds&qid=1569791412&sr=8-4

Probably the first thing to note is that any official Amazon marketing I've seen says it has "Active Noise Reduction" next to the Bose logo.  To me that says it is different to Bose' Active noise cancelling.  At this stage I don't know what that difference is, but I'm sure Bose wouldn't be giving away their best feature to another competitor (let alone someone that can price them so low).

If you read into their sales pitch you will see the following:

Immersive sound, hands-free with Alexa

Everything you love about Alexa, now in true wireless earbuds. Enjoy premium sound, limit background noise with Bose Active Noise Reduction, and get up to 5 hours of music playback on a single charge. Advanced microphones give you hands-free access to Alexa—no tapping required. 

clipboard_image_0.png

It would have been a good feature to add to the Soundsport

I would have to agree with Morlock. The distinction between the two is in the description. One is ‘reduction’ the other is ‘cancellation’. Which would you rather have? I also suspect the Amazon headphones will not have the Bose sound signature either. I wouldn’t be concerned about it but that’s up to you.

They have always seemed to be hesitant about adding noise cancelling to their sports range.  From what I understand this is considered a safety feature as if you're running on the side of the road you want to be able to hear noises (such as cars) and be aware of dangers.

The Soundsports do seem to have noise isolation (another thing people often confuse with noise cancellation, but the tips just physically block the noise) just not noise cancellation

Really? I thought they were already working on a pair on noise cancelling in earbuds?

Bose Noise Cancelling Earbuds 700

They have announced two pairs that will probably release next year - a new wireless earbuds 500 (which as I read it are their new sports ones) which does not have noise cancelling, as well as thier Noise cancelling earbuds 700.  As I mentioned the ones they propose for sports don't use noise cancelling.