I have to shout to get the voice activation to work

Hi, can anyone help? My passenger and I are having to shout to get the voice activation to work. It's really frustrating!

Bose product name A20

Country UK

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Hi Goode400,

A bit lean on detail here, but we can try!

As a Pilot and Passenger? On Fixed Wing or Heli? What kind of Station Box or Intercom?

The Bose A20’s produce full Mic output once on, so to get Voice Activation to work, it’s the job of the Intercom or Radio. For the Intercom, it’s normally an adjustable ‘VOX’ control that can be altered to suit ambient noise conditions. On some Radio’s, it’s sometimes a pre-set. Sometimes, this can be altered in the Software settings on the Radio.

If you are both Passengers, check to see if the intercom has a Pax ‘VOX’ option.

A visit to an Avionic Dealer may help with any of the above inbuilt ‘VOX’ options?

Lastly, have you the correct Mic Impedance options fof the Intercom/Aircraft/Radios you are using?

Write some more if any of these assumptions are not relevant and we can try to help some more?

All the best,

Larry

Thanks Larry,

We are pilot and passenger in a Flight Design CTSW.  It's a syndicate aircraft, so I'm guessing someone has changed the settings on the radio or intercom since we last used it. I'll do some investigating. 

Best regards,

David

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that's most likely the problem!

Good luck!

All the best,

Larry