Incoming phone call volume issue - Bose Frames

When I receive calls on my Bose frames the sound quality is very low. Is this the same with all frames or do I have an issue? Outgoing calls have no problems

Hello , and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've had with the audio for our Frames and would be happy to help!

In order to do so, can I ask that you provide me with an answer to the following so I can establish what is being used here?

1) What phone are these Frames being paired to? Does this happen when you pair these to another mobile device?

2) As these are fine on outgoing calls, are you able to select the Frames as the speaker on inbound calls, and adjust the volume to ensure that this is set to the max?

3) When used for inbound/outbound, are these playing music before you make the call, or are these silent? Are you able to test this for both inbound and outbound calls?

Please get back to me when possible so I can assist you further!

Liam W - Community Support

These frames as much as I love them in every other situation, I am sending back all 18 pairs I purchased for my employees that are on the road working.
Incoming calls are at the point of a whisper to complete silence. It makes them unusable.

All the questions you keep asking people are trying to find something they are doing wrong and they can change but myself and 18 staff members have tried everything. Even monitoring the Bose connect volume, phone volumes, listening to YouTube and listening to nothing and having phone being unused to having glasses off and turned on only during incoming call and each and every time we have spent over the past week trying to work this issue out with a tech based business , it always comes back to it being the firmware turning the glasses volume down on incoming calls.
This is 100% a Bose issue and I have demanded my employees to return them all to my office to send back. Along with all the lenses we also purchased.
We have been following this thread for a week and Bose has taken no responsibility, they have not even bothered to test it themselves or they would see the problem, they just keep telling people to try different things and ask the same questions.
The simple resolution would be if the person moderating this forum actually had a pair of frames themselves and had someone call them and they would see the issue because every single pair of frames has the same issue. But they just keep pretending as if they don’t know what’s wrong.
You’ve lost my company forever with this type of service. We were about to purchase these for all our employees who drive each day for our company but tested them with a small fraction of 18 team members and monitored this thread which shows us they haven’t even tried to replicate the problem and offer a solution.

We are done.
Yours sincerely ,
Cement Worx

Hi CryptolCX, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your Frames and would love to assist further. 

Can you please confirm that your headphones are running the latest software as well as if the issue persisted across all pairs? As you said above about having employees have and test the Frames we do. I personally have a pair and use them for calls frequently as well as Facetime and haven't had this issue. This is something that I have tested and haven't been able to replicate this issue. You can ensure that the Frames are running the latest software via Btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and can only apologize for this experience you had had. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

I’ve already told you we have done everything you’ve previously mentioned in this thread but here you go wanting confirmation again on the same things you’ve said a million times. Why would you even mention FaceTime? Why would drivers use FaceTime?

Incoming calls on all 18 pairs goes instantly quiet to the point it’s impossible to use.

Thank you kindly but we are done with this and have recalled all our drivers to return to office today for us to return to store. Please don’t bother replying to this as you sound like a broken record and I don’t have the time to deal with broken records that don’t want to fix anything.

You can’t post pictures here so here is a link showing you my firmware they are running. There is nowhere on your website link to update anything. I did this through your app. Just fix the bleep issue. Everyone is having it. Nobody cares about FaceTime. So get over trying to complicate things and fix the issue that turns the volume more or less to muster on incoming calls.
Link to screenshot
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kn4Totm77JMsiaiJ8

I swear after the latest firmware update I did this past weekend, the music volume was too quiet even at max volume.

i found in another community forum here for a different product a good clue that just helped me with my frames.  Someone said the Bose connect app has a separate volume slide control and sure enough it does.  Once I raised that my volume increased.

Wish that was the case but I’ve tested these things everyway possible even in developer settings for Bluetooth and can’t change the issue at all.
The Bose app scroll up from bottom and it shows volume level and that is max, as is phone as is when call is incoming and still garbage. Not sure why your volume on your app is different from the volume on phone but if I turn phone volume up that goes up too.

I run a company that has an entire tech team that has gone over these and it’s simply the firmware designed to turn the volume down as if they think your volume might be too high and want to stay in a safe volume but problem is it either turns incoming calls to a muted sound or barely able to hear.

We have tried everything and the support here just says the same thing over and over without going and getting a android phone (which they advertise these make and take crystal clear phone calls and access Siri and Google assistant ) and try it for themselves. If I have 18 pairs all the same issue then no chance it’s just a once off problem. Like they seem to try to pass it off as.

My biggest issue is now I have to take a store to court over my consumer rights because my company is $5400 out of pocket now they won’t accept a return after being used for the past 12 days or so.

I’m seriously disappointed and won’t be purchasing Bose again .

I appreciate your response but like I said, I have spent the past week trying to find the problem and a fix and have done everything everyone has suggested on any forum in Google. I’ve even changed the Dec options from 1.4 to 1.6 and changed the ACC to LADC, I’ve done everything. It’s Bose firmware. But they won’t accept that. I’d actually understand why it would be set up this way but they don’t offer a fix.
Can you imagine how difficult it is for a truck driver in a city of 4 million people to get their phones on a phone call, turn their volume down after answering a call, then turning it back up just to get the voice so they can barely here the incoming caller? It’s dangerous.

I’ve even deleted the Bose connect app and still doesn’t change anything.

These would be excellent if they bothered to fix what is obviously a very serious issue

Interesting point about android phones.  I have a note 9 and the few calls I have received are at a decent volume, even outside.

‘Good luck with this.  Perhaps a firmware update is around the corner.  

Another product I want to buy, the sleep buds, looks to have just got new firmware.  That product had a charging bug effecting one of the two buds.  The early chatter is positive.

im having the same **bleep** issue. i returned my first pair thinking it was defective, but the new ones are doing the same crap.

wrote:
When I receive calls on my Bose frames the sound quality is very low. Is this the same with all frames or do I have an issue? Outgoing calls have no problems