Is there a design fault?

I’m on my THIRD pair of Bose Alto frames and I really wonder if they are badly designed.

in all cases a sliver of plastic has sheared away from the end of one of the arms resulting in that arm swinging wide and the glasses sitting askew on my face.

This has previously only happened on the left arm, but the latest is on the right and has also resulted in a complete failure of the electronics. The glasses won’t turn on at all now.

Can this be repaired? I usually find Bose products rock solid, I have a couple of sound bars, a speaker and some headphones and have never had a problem,  but I’m really disappointed in the durability of these frames.

Hello Ozalchemist,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. It is very unusual to have this issue with three pairs of Frames and is certainly not to be expected. Do you store the Frames in the included carry case when not in use? This will help to prevent damage. Your headphones will be backed by Bose limited warranty, and even if you are out of warranty, we still have some awesome service options. 

As this is a physical issue, we cannot complete troubleshooting, so the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your Frames. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

That’s just a link to the Australian website!

do you have an EMAIL for Australian support? I’d prefer not to spend 45 min on hold.

yes, the glasses are stored in the case when not worn.