Issue connecting to 2 Bose S1 Pros using Bose Connect App for iPhone after upgrading phone

Bose product name =  S1 Pro

Country = USA

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Can connect normally in party mode to both S1 Pros using old iPhone X.  Can not do the same with new iPhone 12.  Bose Connect app version 17.0.1 on both phones.  Can connect to either speaker directly via Bluetooth and have paired both to the phone.  Have turned off Bluetooth on all other devices with Bose Connect installed to be sure there is no interference from other devices.  But still can't connect with new phone via Bose Connect, every time it tells me to hit the pairing button and can't see it in Bose Connect even if I do.

If there is something special I need to do to make the speakers forget about the old phone, I'm not aware of that procedure.  Hitting the pairing button and pairing to the new phone directly without Bose Connect doesn't seem to do that.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Works fine on old phone.  Experienced immediately when trying to use new phone.

Additional gear used (e.g. instruments, mics, FX pedals, etc.)

Just 2 phones and 2 S1 Pros

Where did you experience the issue? (e.g. home, bar, performance hall, etc.) 

Home

Any troubleshooting steps you took

See above, tried every combination I could think of.

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on? (Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

iPhone X and iPhone 12, both on iOS 15.2.

App Version

17.0.1 for both phones

Firmware Version

7.1.8 for S1 Pros

Hi Carl!

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Uninstall the Bose Connect app on your phone.
  2. Remove the speaker from the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone by selecting 'Forget This Device'.
  3. Clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the S1 Pro by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light briefly turns off.
  4. Reinstall the Bose Connect app on your iPhone.
  5. Reconnect to the S1 Pro via Bluetooth from within the Bose Connect app.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.  I had a challenge with completely deleting the app.  Once I turned parental controls completely off I was able to do that, and then the rest of the instructions worked as they should have.  Thanks again.