Issues Connecting the 700 Soundbar

I just bought and shipped to Lagos, the Bose 700 soundbar and bass module as well as the wireless surround speakers. However, nothing has worked.

I started installing the app, chose private, and activated the bar, but then the next screen shows that the bar is unavailable. And no further installation can take place.

And as the bar needs to be installed before the other speakers and accessories can be connected, I am just frustrated.

I cannot program the remote, adaptiq, nothing.

I have scoured the net, turned off and on the bar, reset my phone about a million times, and nothing has workled. I delete the bar and re-add it and can only get as fat as activation but never further. And even though I rebooth to 'factory' settings, the bar still appears with the name I gave it during the first run. Is there a way to REALLY reset to factory settings? Maybe that will help?

Please help.

Hello DjBiso,

Thanks for reaching out to Bose via the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with the setup of your Soundbar 700 and Bass Module. 

Can you please provide us with a photograph or video of where the setup fails? 

There are also couple of things you can try in an attempt to troubleshoot this. 

1. Please make sure you are using the Bose Music app, and not the Bose SoundTouch app

2. Please fully factory reset the soundbar.

3. Please reassociate the remote

If the issue still persists, I'd kindly recommend reaching out to the original point of sale to discuss refund/replacement, or contact support in your country.

If anyone else has had similar issues, please feel free to join in the conversation!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community support

This is the point at which it fails. 

After activating and skipping music services. 

Hello DjBiso, 

Thanks for providing us with the screenshot. 

Did you manage to try the aforementioned troubleshooting? 

Kindest, 

Jeff G 

After many hours troubleshooting and looking for the cheapest way to return the bar and other spesakers to Bose, we finally figured out the problem. Something with the channel my wifi was broadcasting through from the router.

My network provider made some remote adjustments and now I am set up and good to go.

Many thanks.