Issues re-connecting Soundtouch 300 to 2018 Panasonic OLED

Hi everyone.

I have a Panasonic TH-65FZ950U OLED and usually have it connected to my Soundtouch 300 without any issues. For some reason, the Soundbar stopped playing audio from the Television and I cannot for the life of me figure out why! A few details:

- There cannot be anything wrong with the hardware setup as in the morning everything was working fine, in the afternoon the audio stopped, without anyone touching it. The TV is wall mounted so nothing has moved.

- I can change the input to the Soundbar through my Soundtouch iPhone app to spotify through WiFi and audio plays perfectly fine.

- When I first log into the Soundtouch app (when the TV is going and the soundbar is set to 'TV'), its registering that the Soundbar is playing from another Audio Device (the TV, like it should, but theres no audio). The light also changes on the Soundbar 300 to TV when the TV turns on, so its registering the TV is there.

- I did a Factory Reset on the TV in case there was issues there. But its reset fine and audio is back playing through the TV speakers, but when i turn the TV speakers to "OFF" to play through home theatre (Soundbar) but theres no audio.

It is also probably worth mentioning that 6 months ago when the TV was only 15 months old, we had a fault where some of the HDMI's werent working. Panasonic had an agent look into it and it they ended up replacing the board into for free. I am thinking now that potentially the HDMI 2 ARC point has faulted again at this stage?

If anyone has any ideas, please throw some ideas out there. 

Cheers!

Hey , thanks for posting!

It's very strange that you're suddenly unable to hear audio through the TV source on your SoundTouch 300 soundbar. I'd love to see if we can get this resolved for you.

Factory defaulting your TV is a really great start. Another simple step would be to power reset the soundbar. You can do this by removing the power for 30 seconds.

Let me know if this changes anything.

Thanks a lot for the response Charlotte. 

Great news. I did exactly that and its now working.
Feel like face palming myself since it was so simple. however it is wall mounted right under the TV and they share they same powerpoint and switch so it would have been a pain to take the TV off to do that. I undid the wall bracket for the soundbar, unplugged it for 30 seconds and boom, its going. 

Any ideas what would cause it to do this?

It's great to hear everything is now working for you. 

With regards to why this could have happened, it's likely a software glitch caused a break in communication between the two devices. Charlotte's instructions help because it re-initializes pairing between the two devices, thus creating a new secure connection. If this ever happens, please repeat the same steps. It is very unlikely to occur frequently.

Thanks!