L1 Classic L1 1S T8S in Stereo?

Q: Can i run a T8S in stereo with an L1 Classic and an L1 1S? It looks like you can go analog L/R output on the T8S to analog inputs on the two L1s. Can anyone confirm that this will work?

After listening to my new Nord Stage 3 through headphones, I'm wanting to hear the same thing through my PA, so I'm considering purchasing an L1 1S and a T8S to make it happen.

I also use a VoiceLive 3 Extreme which is also in stereo, but I only use one mic.

Thanks for any suggestions or insights.

Hello Sentforth,

"Q: Can i run a T8S in stereo with an L1 Classic and an L1 IIS? it looks like you can go analog L/R output on the T8S to analog inputs on the two l1s. Can anyone confirm that this will work?"

Technically, it will work.  Use either 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS or XLR-F to 1/4" TRS balanced cables for both sides, go to the analog input on the L1 Model II and to channel 3 (or 4) on the L1 Classic.  NOTE: The Classic's inputs are not balanced jacks, so using balanced cables for it doesn't provide any advantage.  I just find it easier to use TRS-TRS cables since I don't have to worry about which cable is which or which end is male or female.  Your signal to the Classic will be weaker and could be more susceptible to noise -- compensate by raising the Classic's channel 3 (or 4) volume.

How will it sound?  Well ... different.  The L1 Classic's line array speakers all point straight forward, while the Model II's are "articulated" ... some straight, some left, some right.  You'll probably have to hunt to find your listening "sweet spot".  Think of it as taking two different pairs of headphones (like one closed-ear and one open-ear) and listening to the left side of one and the right side of the other simultaneously.

Does that help?

Yes, it does help.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Thank you!

Actually I meant for my topic to say "L1 Classic L1 IS T8S in Stereo?" instead of a L1 11S...There is no such thing as an L1 11S.

Are the answers above still valid using a L1 Classic with a L1 1S in stereo?

Thank you.

Hello again sentforth,

Yes, the setup is the same...

Thank you!