L1 II cutting out randomly!?

I have an L1II with a B2 Base Module with a T8S ToneMatch mixer.

Twice now, in the middle of a live performance, the L1II/B2 just cut out for no apparent reason.  Each "failure" lasted from 20 seconds to about 90 seconds.

During the failure, the T8S was still functioning because my Aux feed to my wireless earplugs was still working (which made it even trickier because I didn't immediately realize the L1II/B2 was dead.  Then, after a 30 to 90 seconds it just started back up again.

This is very concerning because it disrupts my performance and makes me look very unprofessional.  

Both the L1II and the Tonematch are both working from their own independent power supplies and had their software updated a few months ago.

The L1II and the Tonematch are connected using a 1/4" TRS balanced cable in mint condition utilizing the Analog R Output on the mixer.

I did notice, during the last outage, that the l1II was quite warm, although I was performing in normal room temperature conditions at about a third of the volume it is capable of.

HELP!  Do I have a technical problem that needs repair?  Anyone else having this problem?  Any solutions?

Thanks

Mike

One would suspect protection circuits or thermal cutoff. Are any of the ventilation openings blocked?

Hi StJoeMike,

I'm sorry you're suffering with intermittent sound drop-outs from your L1 Model II. 

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem. It sounds like you've isolated the issue to the L1 Model II.

Did you experience the sound drop-outs at the same location? If so, I'd suspect the AC power source. If you've had the problem in two different locations, then we need to double check the cable from the Power Stand to the B2 Bass module. Although usually, issues with power or the bass module cable recover faster than 90 seconds.

Please check out this article ?L1 Model II Sound Cutting Out?

If you can't isolate the issue to faulty power of an intermittent connection to the bass module, please call Bose Support.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

Outside the US and Canada

Thanks,

ST

@Chet please see: Power related problems at Farmers Markets and Street Fairs