Latest Bose music app makes my iPhone freeze up

Bose product name: NC700

Firmware Version: 

App Version: 4.1.1

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:

iPhone 6 on iOS 12.4.8

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Download and install "Bose Music" app from the App Store.

Pair Bose NC 700 headphones with iPhone.

Listen to a podcast - no problem.

Try to do anything on the iPhone a little while later - from texting to using the home button - 

the iPhone freezes and will not respond.

Re-start iPhone. iPhone works again until freezes a short time later.

Delete "Bose Music app" from iPhone.

Freezing problem stops happening.

But, cannot use the headphones to connect to the iPhone.

Where do you run into the issue?

After the 4.1.1 update 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

After the 4.1.1 update, the problem arose. I have had the headphones for a few months and they worked just fine before.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have cleared the bluetooth device list from the Bose Music app and re-connected the headphones to the Bose music app. I have cleared the list of bluetooth devices from iPhone and reconnected them. The problem seems to be squarely with the Bose Music app.

Sincerely,

Julie

Hey Julie,

I'm sorry to hear the newest update for the Bose Music app is causing you some difficulties. Have you ensured your iPhone iOS is up-to-date, and also your headphones firmware is up-to-date HERE?

Have you had the chance to download the Bose Music app on a different device and then test the headphones, to see if any of these issues persist? Are there no possible other apps on your iPhone that might be causing this disruption?

If you find it easier, the headphones can be used without the app by making a direct Bluetooth connection to the headphones through your iPhone Bluetooth settings. Let me know if things have improved at all!

Second this. Same specs except it’s an iPhone 6 . 

I'm having the same problem except with Bose Home 300 speakers (and iphone 6s). Sometimes the app opens normally, but maybe half the time I click the icon and it turns grey but doesn't open. The phone freezes and I can't do anything. Eventually it shuts down and restarts. I would be fine just using bluetooth to control the speakers except you can't group the speakers that way. I wouldn't have bought a second speaker if I was not able to group them. It's definitely a bug with the app. It seems like it started happening after last update. 

It seems like the problem is squarely with the update not working with iPhone 6, 6s, 6 . I had an iPhone 6s actually, not just a 6. 

Last week, I traded in my iPhone 6s with AT&T for a brand-new iPhone SE. (For free!)

The iPhone SE is similar in size, shape and feel to the 6 or 6s. The freezing up problem has disappeared on the iPhone SE.

Unfortunately, now, sometimes the headphones will not pair with my Macbook Pro if they've already paired with the phone! 

I have to un-pair them with the iPhone, turn off Bluetooth, then pair them with Macbook, then they will pair with both devices. It feels like I am constantly jumping through hoops to make this device work as it's supposed to.

I'm running El Capitan, (10.11.6) and I don't want to upgrade my Mac OS just for the Bose product. There are a lot of reasons why I want to keep my Macbook Pro as it is, because I have other favorite old apps that work just fine and I don't want to risk them not working with a new OS update.

Bose should honor the fact that people have older devices and computers, and make older versions of the 700 headphones firmware available to us. This is extremely frustrating and it feels like I'm being forced into buying / upgrading to new products because of Bose's reluctance to allow us to downgrade to a version of the firmware that worked before. 

I think I speak for others.

Julie

I also downloaded and installed the Bose updater app on my Macbook Pro.

When I try to open it, nothing happens.

Great.

Bose product name - QC earbud 

Country - New Zealand

App version 4.1.1 

Firmware 

IOS 12.4.9

iPhone 6 plus

All exactly the same as another user,

Download and install "Bose Music" app from the App Store.

Pair Bose QC ear bud with iPhone.

Listen to a Youtube - no problem.

Try to do anything on the iPhone App a little while later - the iPhone freezes and will not respond.

Re-start iPhone. iPhone works again. 

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your iPhone freezing. 

Have you been able to connect to a different source device to determine if the issue is the application or your device? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

The iPhone freezing problem disappeared when I traded in my old iPhone 6 for a newer iPhone SE.

I have the same issue. I have an iPhone 5s.

I cannot play anything on my HomeSpeaker 500. The app starts then the complete phone freezes. I have to do a soft reset of the phone to make it work again.

Bose, can you please provide a solution to this issue?